Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Town's Season Tickets Among Championship's Most Expensive 23:30 - Nov 15 with 1162 viewsNewsTWTD

http://www.twtd.co.uk/ipswich-town-news/32620/towns-season-tickets-among-champio

If you want to remove this post from the board index, just click the hide post icon below. To hide all our news posts click the ignore user icon under the avatar.
Town's Season Tickets Among Championship's Most Expensive on 05:39 - Nov 16 with 1083 viewsBenters

No really?

Gentlybentley
Poll: Simple poll plane banner over Norwich

Town's Season Tickets Among Championship's Most Expensive on 06:48 - Nov 16 with 1075 viewsTLA

Town's Season Tickets Among Championship's Most Expensive on 05:39 - Nov 16 by Benters

No really?

There's some really interesting (and worrying) stuff in that BBC report, which doesn't bode well for the future of football.

The 'how young people (18-24) engage with football' suggests that it's 61% through PC games, 44% through betting and only 37% by actually playing the game. I guess it shouldn't be surprising but it makes me feel old!
Town's Season Tickets Among Championship's Most Expensive on 07:04 - Nov 16 with 1060 viewsBenters

Town's Season Tickets Among Championship's Most Expensive on 06:48 - Nov 16 by TLA

There's some really interesting (and worrying) stuff in that BBC report, which doesn't bode well for the future of football.

The 'how young people (18-24) engage with football' suggests that it's 61% through PC games, 44% through betting and only 37% by actually playing the game. I guess it shouldn't be surprising but it makes me feel old!

I get the PC game part,but isnt that a bit high for the gambling?

Sad that its that low playing the game!

Gentlybentley
Poll: Simple poll plane banner over Norwich

Town's Season Tickets Among Championship's Most Expensive on 07:16 - Nov 16 with 1043 viewsTLA

Town's Season Tickets Among Championship's Most Expensive on 07:04 - Nov 16 by Benters

I get the PC game part,but isnt that a bit high for the gambling?

Sad that its that low playing the game!

I might have played a football manager game on the Spectrum 48k when I was about 12 but I'd play football anywhere, anyplace and anytime.

My first bet was when my dad put a quid on an accumulator for me when I was 14 - all 5 teams came in and I had about £30 for my Christmas shopping. I only remember it as I heard the results come through on the coach home from a Town game. My dad wouldn't let me put a bet on for ages after that and I guess that was probably good parenting as I'd have thought I'd win every week!

Any interest I had in PC games or betting on footie was because I loved playing the game - these stats suggest a different picture now.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024