Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
January Targets 17:28 - Dec 17 with 625 viewsWestcountryblue

Pleased to read that CCV and Murphy are two of Lambert's targets in January. For my mind, CCV has all of the tools to go on and be a top footballer in the future. He is strong, quick, has excellent leadership qualities and is comfortable on the ball. Perhaps he lacks a little height, but i think we should try and buy him if the option is there, even if that means spending 2-3m. We will recoup that money comfortably in the future. We also need to start thinking about a long term replacement for Chambers. I think Woolfenden has been identified as that man, but Pennington probably won't be ours in the future.
Regarding Murphy, i think it's really important that we have individuals who care about the club and are willing to fight to keep it in this division. He will seamlessly fit in with the rest of the squad and offer us a much needed vocal point up front. Roberts has done a job for us, but you feel he's probably playing a division or two above his level.
I also think Marshall would be a big step up from Spence at RB. Many of our 'quality' issues come from both fulls, as a 4-5-1 requires both to be comfortable operating and using the ball higher up the pitch. Marshall would be a superb addition in this regard.

Murphy, CCV and Marshall are exactly the type of players we should be looking at, as they will offer us both quality and experience.

With so many talented young players on our books and a top manager now in charge, we could be on the cusp of something special in a year or two. We just have to do everything in our power to stay up, as it would be a huge blow to lose the likes of Downes, Dozzell, Lankester, Bishop etc and Lambert if we went down.
[Post edited 17 Dec 2018 17:33]
January Targets on 17:43 - Dec 17 with 584 viewsMarshalls_Mullet

I think CCV would be mad to join us on a permanent deal in Jan.

I guess a loan with a perm move if we stay up and have good form while he is here might be considered.

I'd be pleased to get him on loan.

I cant see us getting Murphy.

Marshall is also great at set pieces.

Poll: Would Lambert have acheived better results than Cook if given the same resources

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024