Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Great post from earlier - encapsulates how I feel 10:53 - Jul 24 with 360 viewsBobbychase

Have defended Evans when I thought people were being unreasonable but he's on thin ice at the moment with the way our pre-season preparations are going. It's a results business and if we start well then people will let him off but if we start badly he'll find he has few allies.

Important few weeks for Evans by WarkTheWarkITFC 24 Jul 2019 9:13
I defended the guy yesterday in terms of us being uncompetitive in the Championship but Evans is at risk of finally reaching a tipping point with the majority of supporters in my eyes.

This transfer window strikes me as Christmas 2014 all over again. We are one of the favourites to go up and we needed a bit of help from the owner. Yes we have been relegated and have to tighten our belts but we would have planned for that. Since then we've had unexpected money come in we didn't budget for. Quite a lot of it.

If Evans gets this wrong we could be down in this division for some time. He simply HAS to back Lambert now, especially with arguably our best player about to leave.

Otherwise, we then fall straight back into the Waghorn / McGoldrick leaving and not being replaced, Murphy leaving and not being replaced, Berra leaving and not being replaced.

Evans wasn't a football man. He has made mistakes. Some massive ones.

But what is unforgivable is making the same mistakes and needs to show he has learned from them. We simply cannot fail to back the manager to get the additions he needs to give ourselves the best possible chance (which we didn't after Christmas in the 2014/15 season) and we need to ensure that we are going to replace our best players adequately if they are allowed to leave (something we didn't do that has also contributed to where we are now)

Poll: Who's going to be at the Bolton game?

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024