Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
ITFC following other clubs or is this just us? 13:44 - Jul 22 with 566 viewsWarkTheWarkITFC

I just had an email stating that I need to provide proof of ID for my son (who is 11) as they've had it for consecutive seasons. So they want a copy of his birth certificate.

I initially thought fair enough, because it's close to 12, which is where the ticket costs rise, but then thought to myself that he's had a season ticket for 9 years. He's been going since he was 3.

Would the club really think I'd register a 4 or 5 year old as a 3 year old so in a decade I could save a few quid for one season?

I can see why they might want ID for kids becoming new ST holders who are 10 or 11, but it just seems odd to do it in these circumstances.

Have they done this for years and I only know about it because he's now 11? Or have others only had this today and it's a new thing?

I understand asking new ones, but seems a bit petty to ask existing ST holders who have had them for years. It's easy enough to prove it but will they be doing the same with people who are just under 65 to prove they haven't told a fib?

Poll: How many points from 18 would Lambert need to have to actually be sacked?
Blog: Ipswich Town and the Rotten Kitchen Cupboards

ITFC following other clubs or is this just us? on 13:59 - Jul 22 with 499 viewslongtimefan

They did this about three years ago when my son moved into the U23 bracket despite him being a season ticket holder since the age of six.
ITFC following other clubs or is this just us? on 14:02 - Jul 22 with 476 viewsWarkTheWarkITFC

ITFC following other clubs or is this just us? on 13:59 - Jul 22 by longtimefan

They did this about three years ago when my son moved into the U23 bracket despite him being a season ticket holder since the age of six.

Fair enough if it's not a new thing and automated.

Just thought it seemed strange for someone that has been on their system under the same customer number for 8-9 years. Even stranger to do it with your son after 17 years, but no doubt there's nothing to separate out long standing supporters and new ones.

Poll: How many points from 18 would Lambert need to have to actually be sacked?
Blog: Ipswich Town and the Rotten Kitchen Cupboards

ITFC following other clubs or is this just us? on 14:20 - Jul 22 with 428 viewslongtimefan

ITFC following other clubs or is this just us? on 14:02 - Jul 22 by WarkTheWarkITFC

Fair enough if it's not a new thing and automated.

Just thought it seemed strange for someone that has been on their system under the same customer number for 8-9 years. Even stranger to do it with your son after 17 years, but no doubt there's nothing to separate out long standing supporters and new ones.

Just checked and it was sometime after he moved from the U19 to U23 price bracket. Presumably they wanted to check he was actually still U23. The proof of age check now appears on his ITFC Direct order history so hopefully won't need to be repeated!
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024