Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Cricket: Nice piece on the life of the groundsman 10:12 - Jul 24 with 524 viewsSteve_M

The first Test of the Summer feels long overdue:

https://www.wisden.com/almanack/secret-life-groundsman-eight-hours-magic-five-da

Poll: When are the squad numbers out?
Blog: Cycle of Hurt

Cricket: Nice piece on the life of the groundsman on 10:25 - Jul 24 with 507 viewsIpswichKnight

It does indeed, looking forward to this test and especially Olly Stone he looked rapid at times in Sri Lanka last year.
Cricket: Nice piece on the life of the groundsman on 10:34 - Jul 24 with 486 viewsRadlett_blue

Hmm...a game against Ireland feels like a "B" international with so many players (understandably) being rested. Glad I'm not at Lords - going to be fearfully hot!

Poll: Should horse racing be banned in the UK?

Cricket: Nice piece on the life of the groundsman on 11:23 - Jul 24 with 463 viewsCoastalblue

Some of the quotes about the media guys and gals are priceless.

I have a seat at the Oval right next to the groundsman's hut, it can be fascinating to watch them and the groundsman there Lee Fortis is constantly doing something. Seems a nice guy.

No idea when I began here, was a very long time ago. Previously known as Spirit_of_81. Love cheese, hate the colour of it, this is why it requires some blue in it.
Poll: If someone promised you promotion next season, would you think

Cricket: Nice piece on the life of the groundsman on 13:21 - Jul 24 with 451 viewsRadlett_blue

Cricket: Nice piece on the life of the groundsman on 10:34 - Jul 24 by Radlett_blue

Hmm...a game against Ireland feels like a "B" international with so many players (understandably) being rested. Glad I'm not at Lords - going to be fearfully hot!

Hmm...came home just in time to watch a couple of overs before lunch. Expected to find England 60-odd for one and can't quite believe what I'm seeing. Bowled out by a couple of journeymen bowling at 70-80mph, although to their credit, they bowled the right length, the ball was swinging & England couldn't cope at all.

Poll: Should horse racing be banned in the UK?

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024