Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Holland: Without Owner's Backing I'd Be Worried About Administration 19:00 - Jul 7 with 648 viewsNewsTWTD

http://www.twtd.co.uk/ipswich-town-news/38401/holland-without-owners-backing-id-

If you want to remove this post from the board index, just click the hide post icon below. To hide all our news posts click the ignore user icon under the avatar.
Holland: Without Owner's Backing I'd Be Worried About Administration on 08:39 - Jul 8 with 428 viewsTractorWood

Wolves, Sheffield United and Burnley are all in the top half of the Premier League. Brighton, Watford and Bournemouth are all in the Prem and trying to stay there.

We are mid table in league one.

What I'm trying to say is that it's all well and good applauding stability but the reality is that Evans has overseen a period where our trajectory has been perpetual decline and this ignores what may have happened under an owner with frankly a better framework for success. Ie having a proper plan with a CEO, DoF, proper funded manager etc.

I and suspect most fans in the country expect continuing to trade as a basic aspect of owning a club and not some kind of protection for which we must eternally worship him, whilst ignoring the many poor decisions and failure to deliver any semblance of progress.

I'm thankful for Evans' financial underwriting but every other element of his ownership (bar two seasons under MM) have been consistently disastrous and the end result of which is being in our worst position for 50 years. The last 2 seasons have been our worst in the same period, and what happens? The manager is given a long term contract extension.

To me the world is a complicated and ambiguous place. I accept Evans and am thankful for his contributions financially but is he a good owner who has improved ITFC? No, he's the omnipotent owner who makes a good decision once a decade.

I know that was then, but it could be again..
Poll: At present who do you think you'll vote for?

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024