Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Has the Garbutt interview on The Athletic been shared on here yet? (n/t) 15:14 - Apr 29 with 598 viewsMaySixth

Poll: Ladapo or Hirst to start up front against Peterborough?

Has the Garbutt interview on The Athletic been shared on here yet? (n/t) on 15:37 - Apr 29 with 565 viewsFixed_It

Yes.

Ready! Steady! Cook!
Poll: Club v. Country - which comes first for you?

Has the Garbutt interview on The Athletic been shared on here yet? (n/t) on 12:36 - Apr 30 with 448 viewsMaySixth

Has the Garbutt interview on The Athletic been shared on here yet? (n/t) on 15:37 - Apr 29 by Fixed_It

Yes.

In summary

“I’ve really enjoyed my time there,” he says. “I’ve managed to do quite well and play a lot of games whereas at other clubs I’ve been in and out of the team. I’ve found a bit of clarity at Ipswich and I’m improving. I’m pleased from a personal point of view but we haven’t kicked on like we would have wanted. It’s a brilliant club and it’s just a shame that it’s down in League One.”

The next chapter seems unclear. His contract at Everton expires at the end of June and he does not know whether his temporary spell at Ipswich will be extended to fit in with the likely resumption of football in the summer months. Uncertainty reigns regarding his own future, even if he is putting a philosophical spin on things.

“Everything is complicated,“ he acknowledges. ”Clubs are a little bit reluctant to talk to players as they’re just trying to get the season finished in the safest way possible. I’ve just got to wait and then look to perform well and do the things I’m doing in the summer to get a move, whether that be Ipswich or elsewhere.

“You’ve just got to live your life as you can and try not to think about whether I’m going to find another club or what happens if the season is extended. As a professional footballer you’ve just got to make sure you maintain your mental and physical health as best possible. It’s a difficult time for footballers but it’s insignificant in relation to what else is going on.”

With an increasing number of English players now choosing to ply their trade abroad, does a move to a foreign league appeal?

“I’m open to a new culture and country if the football side was in line with my ambition,” says Garbutt. “If the move suits then 100 per cent I’d do that. I’d like to play at the highest level possible. The good thing for me this season is that I’ve enjoyed my football and it’s been positive. I’d like to continue that trend at the highest level possible.”

Has the Garbutt interview on The Athletic been shared on here yet? (n/t) on 12:39 - Apr 30 with 446 viewsTheTrueBlue1878

Has the Garbutt interview on The Athletic been shared on here yet? (n/t) on 12:36 - Apr 30 by MaySixth

In summary

“I’ve really enjoyed my time there,” he says. “I’ve managed to do quite well and play a lot of games whereas at other clubs I’ve been in and out of the team. I’ve found a bit of clarity at Ipswich and I’m improving. I’m pleased from a personal point of view but we haven’t kicked on like we would have wanted. It’s a brilliant club and it’s just a shame that it’s down in League One.”

The next chapter seems unclear. His contract at Everton expires at the end of June and he does not know whether his temporary spell at Ipswich will be extended to fit in with the likely resumption of football in the summer months. Uncertainty reigns regarding his own future, even if he is putting a philosophical spin on things.

“Everything is complicated,“ he acknowledges. ”Clubs are a little bit reluctant to talk to players as they’re just trying to get the season finished in the safest way possible. I’ve just got to wait and then look to perform well and do the things I’m doing in the summer to get a move, whether that be Ipswich or elsewhere.

“You’ve just got to live your life as you can and try not to think about whether I’m going to find another club or what happens if the season is extended. As a professional footballer you’ve just got to make sure you maintain your mental and physical health as best possible. It’s a difficult time for footballers but it’s insignificant in relation to what else is going on.”

With an increasing number of English players now choosing to ply their trade abroad, does a move to a foreign league appeal?

“I’m open to a new culture and country if the football side was in line with my ambition,” says Garbutt. “If the move suits then 100 per cent I’d do that. I’d like to play at the highest level possible. The good thing for me this season is that I’ve enjoyed my football and it’s been positive. I’d like to continue that trend at the highest level possible.”

He said yes. It has been shared on here.

Poll: Would you be happy with Paul Lambert?

Has the Garbutt interview on The Athletic been shared on here yet? (n/t) on 12:42 - Apr 30 with 441 viewsMaySixth

Has the Garbutt interview on The Athletic been shared on here yet? (n/t) on 12:39 - Apr 30 by TheTrueBlue1878

He said yes. It has been shared on here.

Thanks.

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024