Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Escaped from South London for a few hours today 21:09 - May 15 with 592 viewsPendejo

Due to her driving instructor going in hibernation when Covid lock down kicked in, youngest offspring (YO) had been yearning for some driving practice, as she hadn't had enough instruction I haven't added her to my policy... So she discovered this place...

http://drivecardrome.com

With minor relaxation of lock down, my continuing furlough, and the drying up of voluntary work I relented and for the first time since 25th March i drove outside of South London, "crossing" the Thames via Rotherhithe and eastbound on A13 to Hornchurch.

I let her drive around the place for 3 hours practicing key manoeuvres, such as turn in the road, reverse and parallel parking, in top of driving around their circuit every which way. She did very well other than almost ripping off my front spoiler when parking over a high curb. It took me some manoeuvring to get the car off without ripping it off but once I did I showed how easy it was to clip it back on, thankfully.

If you live with an hour or so from there and have people who want to learn how to drive I can thoroughly recommend it. Open 09:00 to 21:00 and costs £15.... Payable in £1 coins only. No facilities, so go to loo and get snacks before entering the site.

uberima fides
Poll: Start a new job tomorrow - which suit?

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024