Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
New Idles tune....warning, contains unsavoury reference... 07:57 - May 20 with 561 viewsBanksterDebtSlave

"They break our legs and tell us to be grateful when they offer us crutches."
Poll: If he goes will he still be Super?

New Idles tune....warning, contains unsavoury reference... on 09:40 - May 20 with 515 viewsWeWereZombies

One effect of the pandemic and lock down is that I have finally got around to reading the Big Issue I bought at Christmas, it has an interview with Sabrina Cohen-Hatton; a former homeless teenager and Big Issue seller who is now a senior fire officer. She has also been on Desert Island Discs and says in the interview that it gave her the opportunity to get her favourite band, IDLES, played on Radio Four for the first time.

I don't see it myself, pleasant enough and I liked the mention of Tracey Emin's unmade bed, but not moving the standard issue rock music goal posts to the extent I like - and find in Mogwai or Wilco or even Metallica. I'll file them in with Level 42...

Poll: What was in Wes Burns' imaginary cup of tea ?

New Idles tune....warning, contains unsavoury reference... on 09:59 - May 20 with 503 viewsBanksterDebtSlave

New Idles tune....warning, contains unsavoury reference... on 09:40 - May 20 by WeWereZombies

One effect of the pandemic and lock down is that I have finally got around to reading the Big Issue I bought at Christmas, it has an interview with Sabrina Cohen-Hatton; a former homeless teenager and Big Issue seller who is now a senior fire officer. She has also been on Desert Island Discs and says in the interview that it gave her the opportunity to get her favourite band, IDLES, played on Radio Four for the first time.

I don't see it myself, pleasant enough and I liked the mention of Tracey Emin's unmade bed, but not moving the standard issue rock music goal posts to the extent I like - and find in Mogwai or Wilco or even Metallica. I'll file them in with Level 42...

You have crossed a line.....and I have sold thousands of Big Issues!

"They break our legs and tell us to be grateful when they offer us crutches."
Poll: If he goes will he still be Super?

New Idles tune....warning, contains unsavoury reference... on 10:05 - May 20 with 494 viewsWeWereZombies

New Idles tune....warning, contains unsavoury reference... on 09:59 - May 20 by BanksterDebtSlave

And I haven't bought enough.

New Idles tune....warning, contains unsavoury reference... on 10:11 - May 20 with 490 viewsGeoffSentence

Haha, drunken Delia makes it into the world of rock music.

Don't boil a kettle on a boat.
Poll: The best Williams to play for Town

New Idles tune....warning, contains unsavoury reference... on 10:35 - Jun 2 with 391 viewsWeWereZombies

New Idles tune....warning, contains unsavoury reference... on 09:59 - May 20 by BanksterDebtSlave

Finally catching up on the mental notes I made to myself. No. 328 - find the lyrics to Mr. Motivator (and then edit them so I can get past the swear filter):

Woo
I am I
And I intend to go, go, go
Like Conor McGregor with a samurai sword
On roller blades
Like Vasily Lomachenko
After four pints of Gatorade
Like Kathleen Hanna with bear claws
Grabbing Trump by the pussy
Like Delia Smith after ten chardonnays
Making me a nice cookie
How'd you like them clichés?
Let's seize the day
All hold hands, chase the pricks away
Let's seize the day
You can do it
You can do it
Yes you can
Woo
I am I
And I intend to go go go
Like Frida Kahlo painting on the poor
On your fúck-off wall
Like Tracey Emin in her unmade bed
Listening to The Fall
Like Flava Flav in the club
Riding on the back of John Wayne
Like David Attenborough clubbing seal clubbers
With LeBron James
How'd you like them clichés?
Let's seize the day
Let's seize the day
You can do it
You can do it
You can do it
Woo
It's all about the confidence
You're Joe Cal-fúcking-zaghe
Let's seize the day
Let's seize the day
You can do it
You can do it

[edit] noticed that one of the writers is Mark Bowen - yet a dig at Delia in the lyrics?
[Post edited 2 Jun 2020 10:52]

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024