Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
No subject 14:25 - Sep 1 with 469 viewsGenericIpswichMan

So until this weekend I actually had no idea that the Nations League started up again this weekend.

Having looked through the England squad I am really not sure what side Southgate is going to put out for this one. Whilst appreciating that it's not what we would classify as a 'major tournament' I think England take the competition relatively seriously and will try and field almost a full strength side.

I think he will change a few things for the Denmark game but I'm interested in what people think he will do. I can see a team like this...

GK - Pickford
RB - TAA
LB - Trippier (I think he can play there in the absence of a natural lb)
CB - Gomez
CB - Mings
CM - Dier
CM - Mount
CM - Foden
CF - Kane
CF - Sancho
CF - Sterling

I'd like to see Ings given some decent game time as well if possible, considering his presence and achievements this past season.
No subject on 14:31 - Sep 1 with 438 viewsrickw

I think it'll be Walker for Trippier and Rice for Dier, maybe Ward-Prowse for Foden, maybe Keane for Gomez.

Not saying that's what I'd do though, I do also have a fear Southgate will go for a 5-2-3 system, to make up for our lack of experienced midfielders.

I would start Pope in goal ahead of Pickford, but I expect Southgate to stick with Pickford

Poll: Of the Non Favourites for ITFC managers job who would you prefer
Blog: Reasons for Relegation

No subject on 15:05 - Sep 1 with 389 viewsGenericIpswichMan

No subject on 14:31 - Sep 1 by rickw

I think it'll be Walker for Trippier and Rice for Dier, maybe Ward-Prowse for Foden, maybe Keane for Gomez.

Not saying that's what I'd do though, I do also have a fear Southgate will go for a 5-2-3 system, to make up for our lack of experienced midfielders.

I would start Pope in goal ahead of Pickford, but I expect Southgate to stick with Pickford

Normally I would agree that Rice would get the nod over Dier, but I read he has had zero first team involvement in pre-season which is why I think Dier will start.

Like you I would opt for Pope (or Henderson) in goal ahead of Pickford, but I think Pickford will get the nod because he delivers in an England shirt.

Ward-Prowse on reflection may be a better option on reflection, otherwise that midfield looks way too attacking!!.

Just hope Keane doesnt start, really dont rate hi!
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024