Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Jordan Roberts - Man of the Match in a Championship game? 09:44 - Oct 17 with 694 viewsWeWereZombies

OK, it was a Scottish Championship game and in the end the commentators plumped for two goal Stephen Kingsley but our ex. player put in a decent shift, was credited with an assist for one of the six goals Hearts tucked away and certainly has a hand in another couple. Reinforces the feeling I had while he was with Town that there was something about him that was not being used correctly in the games he did play and that he was a developing talent rather than the finished product and should have been judged on that.

Dundee did not include Christophe Berra (understandably, he is on loan from Hearts) or Josh Meekings in either the starting eleven or on the bench but did have a midfield five that included Graham Dorrans and Charlie Adam, who was far more energetic, skilled and enthusiastic than you might expect of a thirty four year old. Also scored an impressive individual goal as he carved through the an otherwise functional Hearts defence and powered home a precise shot as he burst into the penalty area. But he is back at his home town club so I think that ship has definitely sailed as far as Ipswich are concerned. It was one of the few times that a still very useful thirty seven year old Craig Gordon in the Hearts goal looked like being beaten for all that Dundee achieved eleven shots on target (in comparison with Hearts knocking in six of their twenty two past a by no means useless Jack Hamilton - proper football).

Poll: How will we get fourteen points from the last five games ?

Jordan Roberts - Man of the Match in a Championship game? on 12:42 - Oct 17 with 529 viewsSuperblue95

Charlie Adam
Graham Dorrans
Craig Gordon
Christophe Berra

Sounds like a really crap masters football match

My hobbies include being quiet during trips, clapping with songs, and diabetes.
Poll: Englands player of the tournament

Jordan Roberts - Man of the Match in a Championship game? on 13:32 - Oct 17 with 461 viewsIP12

Jordan Roberts - Man of the Match in a Championship game? on 12:42 - Oct 17 by Superblue95

Charlie Adam
Graham Dorrans
Craig Gordon
Christophe Berra

Sounds like a really crap masters football match

I watched quite a bit of last night's match....(It was that OR Beeb4 showing Summer Holiday with Sir Cliff) Yes those players have been around for 'some time' but they can still play. Charlie Adam can still pick a 40/50 yard pass out. OK so his legs have seen better days but his goal was excellent and some of Craig Gordon's saves were very good.
Jordan Roberts - Man of the Match in a Championship game? on 13:49 - Oct 17 with 421 viewsWeWereZombies

Jordan Roberts - Man of the Match in a Championship game? on 13:32 - Oct 17 by IP12

I watched quite a bit of last night's match....(It was that OR Beeb4 showing Summer Holiday with Sir Cliff) Yes those players have been around for 'some time' but they can still play. Charlie Adam can still pick a 40/50 yard pass out. OK so his legs have seen better days but his goal was excellent and some of Craig Gordon's saves were very good.

The goals are on the BBC website now - Steven Kingsley's first was as sweetly struck free kick as you are likely to see this season:

https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/av/football/54583086

Poll: How will we get fourteen points from the last five games ?

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024