Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
The Maxim 'Never Change A Winning Team' 10:28 - Oct 21 with 325 viewsTangledupin_Blue

...is, and always has been, nonsense.

When better players are fit and available, play them. But keep players in positions where they are comfortable and competent.

When the style or strengths or tactics of the opposition determine that you would benefit from a change in your own tactics, change them. But not frequent, wholesale changes which are likely to confuse your own players more than the opposition.

Keep it simple.

Poll: Which Two Will Gain Automatic Promotion?

The Maxim 'Never Change A Winning Team' on 10:34 - Oct 21 with 301 viewsLankHenners

We were always likely to find ourselves in the curious position of getting positive results whilst having, on paper, better players sitting games out, and just as likely to come up short and now have this situation.

I think it's fair enough to not change things if they're working but if we want to keep playing out the back we need Woolfenden involved as he's the only CB remotely suited to it. Similarly you can't question Judge's effort but he's been so low on quality for so long it seems silly now not to give Lankester or Bennetts a turn.

Just goes to show Lambert's ineptitude really - wasted/ruined last season by chopping the team about every week and then went to the polar opposite because his boss told him off about it. He doesn't know how to effectively manage the squad - something that has been obvious for ages but we're stuck with him and can only hope he actually properly learns something from the start to the season.

Just because I don't care doesn't mean I don't understand.
Poll: What is Celina's problem?

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024