Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Talking Town 22:03 - Dec 29 with 843 viewsloyalblue

Curious about people's opinions on the relatively new podcast as I only listened to it for the 1st time over Christmas? Seemed a good listen imo.

I saw one of their main guys "crunchie" getting abuse on twitter tonight for blatantly disobeying government guidelines on covid. It appears his girlfriend tested positive and he went to tesco when should be isolating and now has tested positive.

Hope the controversy doesn't effect the podcast.
Talking Town on 22:17 - Dec 29 with 794 viewsDublinBlue84

There is some generally good stuff there and the idea of letting lots of people on the show via video and discuss it is a great idea, and kudos for them to that.

However they seem to fall over themselves to have dig at other podcasts, having a dig at Blue Monday on a regular basis and have had a few digs at Archant the odd time as well.

Copying the Blue Monday Intro idea of the stadium evacuation message just shows how petty they are. It's a shame because the pettiness and childish nature of them I know puts a lot of people,. including myself off the good parts of their show.

Blue Monday and Kings of Anglia are much better for me and don't try and have a dig at anyone else and actually compliment each other quite well. A few times now the Archant guys have been on BM podcasts and the Kings of Anglia guys have also involved the BM guys.

Poll: What result on Tuesday is best for the club?

Talking Town on 23:15 - Dec 29 with 748 viewsPlums

I haven’t tried it as the Twitter antics have put me right off as they don’t present themselves as the sort of people I want to ‘spend time with’. I regularly listen to Blue Monday, Kings of Anglia and Naked Footy. What’s their USP over those?
[Post edited 29 Dec 2020 23:18]

It's 106 miles to Portman Road, we've got a full tank of gas, half a round of Port Salut, it's dark... and we're wearing blue tinted sunglasses.
Poll: Which recent triallist should we have signed?

Talking Town on 09:17 - Dec 30 with 606 viewsloyalblue

Talking Town on 22:17 - Dec 29 by DublinBlue84

There is some generally good stuff there and the idea of letting lots of people on the show via video and discuss it is a great idea, and kudos for them to that.

However they seem to fall over themselves to have dig at other podcasts, having a dig at Blue Monday on a regular basis and have had a few digs at Archant the odd time as well.

Copying the Blue Monday Intro idea of the stadium evacuation message just shows how petty they are. It's a shame because the pettiness and childish nature of them I know puts a lot of people,. including myself off the good parts of their show.

Blue Monday and Kings of Anglia are much better for me and don't try and have a dig at anyone else and actually compliment each other quite well. A few times now the Archant guys have been on BM podcasts and the Kings of Anglia guys have also involved the BM guys.

I actually listened to a few more last night and I have to say how does any one put up with that, after listening to one I thought this could be ok as you say they bring in others for live opinions etc which is good but the sheer arrogance and pettiness that comes across after listening to several shows is unbearable.

I like HDR Martin and he seems genuine but that Rich is awful, such a dull and boring individual and unnecessarily arrogant and up his own arse!

I also found it rather pathetic that they were pushing Adam Tanner's appearance on there as something ground breaking and exciting, the guy played 70 odd times for the club, and is remembered more for taking cocaine and then drink driving! Not the sort of guest I would want promoting my show! The irony of Rich begging Jim Magilton to go on the show too after he was the one calling for him to be sacked when he was in charge.

Overall, I wont be listening again unless Martin goes out on his own, back to Blue Monday for me.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024