Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
On this day....... 09:38 - Feb 18 with 257 viewsRozeeboy74

It's my birthday (yes, I share a birthday with the great Sir Robert William Robson CBE) so I am in reflective mood and now I am totally depressed on the club demise. On this day in ITFC history (from TWTD)....

2020 - KVY continues rehab, still not seen him

2019 - Fundraising for The Beat statue continues

2018 - Match report from Norwich 1-1 Ipswich

2017 - Match report from Ipswich 1-1 Leeds

2015 - Dozzell gets cap for England U16's and town favourites to sign Varney.

2014 - Terry Connor believes there's plenty more to come from striker Frank Nouble (there wasn't)

2013 - Mick McCarthy says hard work has been the key to the Blues’ revival since he became Town boss

2012 - Match report from Town 3-0 Cardiff (4th win in a row)

2011 - Town striker Connor Wickham is in the running for the ESPN PFA Fans' Championship Player of the Month award

2010 - Midfielder Jack Colback says he’s happy to be remaining with the Blues rather than returning to his parent club Sunderland.

2009 - Town win 2-1 at Forest. Club owner Marcus Evans has released a statement commenting on the local press's calls for manager Jim Magilton to be sacked....

2008 - TWTD has been nominated in several categories in The New Football Pools Fanzine Awards 2007/08.

2007 - No news day

2006 - Match report Wolves 1-0 Ipswich. Town's eight-match unbeaten run came to an end

2005 - Town's FA Youth Cup Quarter Final has been arranged for Wednesday, March 16th at 7:30pm at Layer Road.

2004 - Town boss Joe Royle has flown out to Portugal ahead of tonight's England friendly at the Estadio Algarve. Royle will summarise the game, sat alongside commentator and Town shareholder John Motson.

2003 - Town chairman David Sheepshanks has admitted that he and his board could be forced to leave the club - if creditors refuse to accept the CVA.

2003 - Town striker Darren Bent says he is not keen on a move away from Portman Road at this stage of his career. The 19-year-old was targeted by Newcastle United last week along with Darren Ambrose, and latterly Matt Bloomfield.

2002 - George Burley says that Town need four more wins to ensure Premiership survival.

2001 - Reports are claiming that Titus Bramble is set to be the replacement at Arsenal for Tony Adams.

2000 - Town skipper Matt Holland has been called into the Ireland squad for the friendly with the Czech Republic on Wednesday. He joins Jim Magilton and Richard Wright on international duty.

On this day....... on 09:58 - Feb 18 with 226 viewsnorth_stand77

Some nice (more positive ) memories there!

Happy Birthday.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024