Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
It's the hope that kills! 15:44 - Feb 26 with 167 viewshomer_123

Bright sunshine, warmer temperature and a breeze of change in the air.

I'm cautiously optimistic both about the takeover happening and what it will bring. Although tempered, somewhat, by the fact that, for this season.

I think, given the choice, we'd choose to have a further season in this division if it means both a change in manager and ownership?

It's not workd for Evans from day one, distant and aloof, seemingly uncomfortable with owning the club and indentifying with it and the fans, he's struggled, consistently, with geting decisions right. That said, he did buy us and he has funded a Club that has run at a constant loss and it looks like he's writting off the debt. He's generally (possible until this season) not got involved in trying to run the team and left managers to themselves to get on with it. Whilst his tenure has been a failure and seen us playing Division 1 football - it's not malice but merely poor decision making that got us here.

It's not worked for him or us and, very much like the timing on Micks leaving, it's right we part ways. Maybe the one decision he gets right is the new owners and we don't end up looking at his stewardship in the same light as our time being managed by Mick.

Marcus, I am glad we are parting ways, it's not worked but I recognise that you've put substantial funds into the club.

For Lambert however, I will be very glad to see the back of him. For all the hard work of trying to reconnect fans with the Club - it was clearly show, hollow and, in no way, heartfelt. His behaviour over recent months to our owner, players, fans and the media has been exceptionally unprofessional and downright disgusting at times.

On the pitch I feel Lambert has been our biggest disaster, even beyond Hurst. Overseeing relegation when he took the reigns in October and not offering a remote attemptemt to stave that off, in any capacity. Our form and performances in his full season in League 1 (Division 3) has been mirrored this season. He's unable to coach, motivate, cajole, entice or even demand any individual improvements from players on an individual basis or as a unit.

The sooner he leaves the better.

My preference has always been the Cowleys but Cook would also be a good appointment - if true. I feel the Cowleys would be better for us in the longer term but I can see the sense in Cook for the here and now. When it comes, it will probably be too late for this season but if the plan is 'promte and sell' then Cook is an obvious choice and I don't hink too many fans would be against such an appointment.

Who knows what the owners will bring, a complete spring clean? A proper plan and strategy - even if it is to sell us upon promotion. It would, at the very least, be a clear and understandable plan if nothing else. New ownership doesn't guarantee success and doesn't automatically mean things will be better but at least we can hope.

I believe our chances of success are better with both new owners and a new manager.

I dare to hope.
[Post edited 26 Feb 2021 15:44]

Ade Akinbiyi couldn't hit a cows arse with a banjo...
Poll: As things stand, how confident are you we will get promoted this season?

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024