Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
We need to play through midfield 14:51 - Sep 26 with 602 viewswhymark4lazio0

In the first half our centre-halves didn't pass to Carroll or Mizouni (despite Miz often making space and demanding the ball) and we struggled. At the start of the second half, it was noticeable that Carroll dropped back and the centre-halves used him, as a result Carroll used his passing skills to seize control of the midfield and we looked a different team. Understandably we went more direct in the latter stages but the turning point that saw us take control was making more use of Carroll and Miz.

I hope that Cook plays Morsi (no reflection on Miz who was brave on the ball and looks one for the future) and Carroll on Tuesday and insists that our centre-halves (who seem to be good defenders but have a limited range of passing) pass to that experienced midfield pairing.

Poll: Should these Polls show number of votes as well as percentages?

where do you think is on getting the selection, system and shape to progress?. on 18:26 - Sep 26 with 483 viewsunstableblue

A lot is made of cooks coaching acumen, without an assistant

Seems to be that with Coulson unfit and KVY out of form... then penny and Donacien mean that a facet of his system is not right

In the Morecombe first half, there was great linking from CB to Evans and Harper.. who were turn feeding the full backs or wide mid _ we did play through the middle

Positively the looseness in shape that cost us so badly against Bolton seems to be fixed, weds three good front men kept quiet

Tuesday we should dominate the midfield with Morsy, and Doncaster will no doubt sit deep

Evans poor form has perhaps effected the play through the centre...Morsy May be a catalyst

Poll: How many points will Town get from 5 (Wat, Boro, Hull, Cov, Hudd)?

We need to play through midfield on 19:23 - Sep 26 with 440 viewspowinswitch

I felt the same. There was a definite reticence for the two centre backs to pass in to central midfield, but you could clearly see particularly El mizouni making himself available and showing where he wanted the ball. I thought he had a good game.

I think the Cook system, is currently proving easy to defend, as it is obvious we are go8ng to attack down the flanks. I def8nitely hope that the arrival of Sam Morsy, will see us able to utilise the central areas more
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024