Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
I'm still Cook in..... 09:37 - Dec 2 with 214 viewsblueysbackside

But he has FOUR games to nail down his future at Portman Road.
Those two games pre Xmas - Wigan and Sunderland - are now, sadly, win or bust for us as a club to go up (in my opinion) and for Cook if he wants to stay in charge.
I said in September I'd give him until Xmas - and that's still the case.
I will make a judgment then.
Back in September, I said that he hadn't had what he would consider his own squad. And that the season started once Celina and Morsy - his two star men at this level - had had time to gel and the team built around them.
I have seen glimpses of what we can do (Pompey/Wycombe etc) and then we seem to take two steps back.
My big fear - and I've said it before - is that Cook has little input on transfers (despite what he and the media might say).
For a man of his experience, I don't really know why he would have rubberstamped buying so many gamechangers if he couldn't play all of them. Of course, few of us were predicting what Bonne might do hence why Piggot is on the sidelines. But playing someone of Fraser's talents (at this level) on the wing just stinks of desperation in my opinion in a bid to keep a player happy.
But it appears to me more and more that Ashton finds the players and then it's up to the boss to mould them into a team.
Whatever you say, there's no way Cook went up to Ashton and said: I want Celina. Ashton would have told him Celina is available and, like any manager, Cook would have just licked his lips and said: Yes, please.
We just don't look like a team. We have a group of talented individuals who seem to be waiting for a spark of brilliance from someone to win a game.
There appears to be no structure to our play. All very sad really.
Anyway, I've probably bored most of you by now but if we were to change the manager before January, it will take a special man to get us up this season and to mould this group into an automatic promotion team next season.
I see a number of people pinning hopes on a new man somehow getting more out of this squad than Cook. Whilst I agree to some extent that that's entirely possible , I don't see how we go from here into a promotion team unless our transfer policy changes. It's too easy to say we've got great players we should be doing better. These great players are just not making a great team.
Thanks for listening.
[Post edited 2 Dec 2021 10:57]
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024