Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
We were just not quick enough on the ball 17:00 - Jan 15 with 473 viewsSamWhiteUK

Thought until 1-0 it was a decent game of football for a neutral. However, Bolton just pressed us so much. They would be swarming our back line to the point I thought, if we get past them, we're in. However, we were so slow getting it forward that they had time to get back. We made them look like they had 15 players on the pitch.
We were just not quick enough on the ball on 17:04 - Jan 15 with 418 viewsCheltenham_Blue

This. Although I thought it was an awful game for the neutral. Boring as heck, mainly caused by us.

But several times I found myself looking and seeing how many Notlob players that were forward and shouting at our defence and midfield to move it forward quicker, and if we had, like you said, we'd have been in.

I think once a few passes had gone astray, the old doubts started to creep into the players though and they went back to the 'keep ball mentality we saw with both Cook and Lambert.

I think they need a sports psychologist if I'm honest. Is Eileen Drury available?

Poll: Smooth Mash or Mash with Lumps?

We were just not quick enough on the ball on 17:13 - Jan 15 with 387 viewsScuzzer

Yup....exactly.

Established 1968

We were just not quick enough on the ball on 17:20 - Jan 15 with 373 viewsWickets

Yes Bolton did work hard and maybe out worked us . Our movement off the ball that has been so good of late was missing , maybe because of how hard they worked . The result of this was our player on the ball was left dithering about looking for a pass to make ,result no tempo . Pity bit of a downer .
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024