Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Terrible results, fantastic performances 10:02 - Feb 27 with 411 viewsIPSWICHFANITFC

Performances don’t mean a lot without the 3pts to show for, but whilst it’s been a poor week results wise, I think we’ve seen our two best performances under McKenna last 2 games. 1st half Tuesday was brilliant and the 1st half yesterday was even better than the 1st half Tuesday.

Only thing I’d have done different is I would’ve personally gone for Jackson - Norwood - Aluko from the start. I think KJ off the left is something that would bring the best out of him but also give us the legs in behind.

Important summer ahead. Hopefully we can keep hold of the core of the squad - Walton, the back 3, Burns, Evans, Morsy in particular and I’d like us to keep Aluko, Celina and Jackson too.

Burns/KVY for RWB is fine, but possibly two new LWB’s in the summer. Garbutt? A position which requires energy for 90mins, needs to be rotated too but quality in the final third and directness. Thompson looks knackered and is more of a full back than a wing back (would suit a LCB in a 3 too).

I’m a big fan of Cole Stockton. Two good performances against us. Little balls round the corner, bringing others in to play, good vocal point and got goals in him. He’d suit us.

Poll: If selling Jackson meant getting in a wide man, would you be happy with Garbutt?

Terrible results, fantastic performances on 10:18 - Feb 27 with 356 viewsGarv

There is an argument for a Jackson Norwood partnership when you look at what they've done together before. Has that been tried yet apart from at Wimbledon, where they combined to create a goal?

Poll: Pick a goal to win the derby in stoppage time...

Terrible results, fantastic performances on 10:27 - Feb 27 with 333 viewsIPSWICHFANITFC

Terrible results, fantastic performances on 10:18 - Feb 27 by Garv

There is an argument for a Jackson Norwood partnership when you look at what they've done together before. Has that been tried yet apart from at Wimbledon, where they combined to create a goal?

Not so much a partnership, as part of a 3 with Aluko on the right. It’s just what I would’ve gone with yesterday from the start. I thought KJ was so effective against Burton when he’s able to get down the channels and not start centrally.

Poll: If selling Jackson meant getting in a wide man, would you be happy with Garbutt?

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024