Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Was a good game for 94 minutes 22:30 - Mar 19 with 241 viewstractordownsouth

First half was fairly uneventful, even if they edged it slightly. Second half we were all over them - having Morsy in the midfield to press them higher up the pitch made a huge difference. It was a change from the first 20 minutes where Oxford had us pinned back for much of the game, although to the back three's credit, they managed to keep the ball and play it out well. I thought Pigott actually had a decent first 15 or 20 minutes but it all went downhill from there and Bonne offered much more. When we began to press higher in the second half, Oxford offered very little - it shows that if we impose ourselves on the game, we're capable of beating anybody in this division.

As someone who averages 3 games a season, I don't have much comparison but Celina's goal was easily the best carnage/limbs/scenes I've witnessed at a game, excluding Norwich. Saw a few Twitter posts suggesting it was the best of the season - big contrast with the Oxford fans who managed to outdo Sheffield Wednesday in the worst home support competition. We had a few decent chances to kill the game from there and probably only conceded 1 clear cut chance after we scored but Oxford hung in there and got the goal which probably ends our play off hopes.

Providing we can keep the bulk of the squad and McKenna doesn't get lured away halfway through, I'm confident for next season, although after that equaliser that seems far away in the distance.

For 94 minutes I had a great time, but I think the most appropriate quote to sum up the day is by Jez from Peep Show... "everything has turned from gold, into sh1t."

Poll: Preferred Lambert replacement?
Blog: No Time to Panic Yet

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024