Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Ok , this season gone … no matter … think positive now …. 03:08 - Apr 24 with 671 viewsArnieM

A first for me as some on here would probably say ( sorry it’s been a tough time recently for me , but hey ho onwards and defiant bloody upwards ….) .

Given the comment by the sky pundit a recently re comment… ( or words to this effect)

“ if what I’m hearing is true, Ipswich will be a force next season if they get the players in that they are targeting”…..

WHO do you think McKenna might be looking to bring in in guys?

Clearly it’ll be strikers and Left sided players , and possibly a creative midfielders ….

So who out there could we possibly be after , and try thinking out side of the box bearing in mind we have Ashton’s bloody matrix!

So come on… get yer grey cells in over drive ….WHO?

Poll: Would this current Town team beat the current narwich team

Ok , this season gone … no matter … think positive now …. on 08:18 - Apr 24 with 536 viewsGuthrum

I think this window, the possible list of answers to that question is the widest it's ever been.

Last summer we had Gamechangers' money, but Cook is a very traditional type of manager, drawing from his list of players he's coached or come up against. McKenna's experience is very different, at a much higher level and in Youth coaching. He won't have that roster of EFL-standard players (the "usual suspects", if you like) whom he knows personally or has been watching for years.

Also, quite a lot of back-room structure has been put in place in the last five months. The hiring of Sam Williams, Martyn Pert's connections and the use of analysts. On top of that we have the contacts of Ashton, O'Leary and even some of the Three Lions, ranging across English football and some overseas (the USA, Norway, Turkey).

There could be some surprises (and some "never heard of him" signings) on the way.

Good Lord! Whatever is it?
Poll: McCarthy: A More Nuanced Poll
Blog: [Blog] For Those Panicking About the Lack of Transfer Activity

Ok , this season gone … no matter … think positive now …. on 08:28 - Apr 24 with 516 viewsWacko

Ok , this season gone … no matter … think positive now …. on 08:18 - Apr 24 by Guthrum

I think this window, the possible list of answers to that question is the widest it's ever been.

Last summer we had Gamechangers' money, but Cook is a very traditional type of manager, drawing from his list of players he's coached or come up against. McKenna's experience is very different, at a much higher level and in Youth coaching. He won't have that roster of EFL-standard players (the "usual suspects", if you like) whom he knows personally or has been watching for years.

Also, quite a lot of back-room structure has been put in place in the last five months. The hiring of Sam Williams, Martyn Pert's connections and the use of analysts. On top of that we have the contacts of Ashton, O'Leary and even some of the Three Lions, ranging across English football and some overseas (the USA, Norway, Turkey).

There could be some surprises (and some "never heard of him" signings) on the way.

I really hope so. British footballers are generally overpriced or overhyped (or most likely both)

Poll: Who would you rather see lose their job?

Ok , this season gone … no matter … think positive now …. on 08:34 - Apr 24 with 504 viewsFrankMarshall

Ok , this season gone … no matter … think positive now …. on 08:18 - Apr 24 by Guthrum

Are changes to FFP in league 1 coming in?

Frank Marshall

Ok , this season gone … no matter … think positive now …. on 08:37 - Apr 24 with 493 viewsGuthrum

Ok , this season gone … no matter … think positive now …. on 08:34 - Apr 24 by FrankMarshall

Are changes to FFP in league 1 coming in?

Haven't heard anything's been announced yet, but think they're looking at changes.

Good Lord! Whatever is it?
Poll: McCarthy: A More Nuanced Poll
Blog: [Blog] For Those Panicking About the Lack of Transfer Activity

Ok , this season gone … no matter … think positive now …. on 10:39 - Apr 24 with 364 viewsFrankMarshall

Ok , this season gone … no matter … think positive now …. on 08:37 - Apr 24 by Guthrum

Haven't heard anything's been announced yet, but think they're looking at changes.

Just had a Search for info. Seems FFP is going to change for Championship but couldn't find any info about changes for League 1. Parachute payments also seem to be changing (not sure how much it benefits clubs dropping from Championship to League 1).

Frank Marshall

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024