Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
There's something very filthy about this. 20:00 - May 25 with 952 viewsNthQldITFC

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/business-61581251

Volkswagen to pay out £193m in 'dieselgate' settlement

I can't quite put my finger on it, but something about the consequences and the perspective of the thing really disgusts me. I think it's things like 'apologised to customers' and 'rebuild trust [in the brand]'. It's as if all anybody is interested in is the value of people's cars and the commercial well-being of the company.

The fact that these bastards came up with a complex and deeply planned mechanism to cheat on environmental emissions, is a crime against a dying planet not just against their treasured customers. The slimy way environmental offenders avoid meaningful consequences for corporations and responsible individuals makes me sick.

# WE ARE STEALING THE FUTURE FROM OUR CHILDREN --- WE MUST CHANGE COURSE #
Poll: It's driving me nuts

There's something very filthy about this. on 20:48 - May 25 with 869 viewsNBVJohn

Did they say that they are humbled but that it would be best if we could move on?
There's something very filthy about this. on 22:28 - May 25 with 787 viewsUnit2Blue

I have been told I will receive £1700 in a few weeks, with the rising fuel bills that will come in very handy.

Dear ****************
Settlement of the VW NOx emissions group litigation

We are pleased to announce that in May 2022 your Claimant Committee agreed on your behalf to settle the emissions group litigation against VW Group manufacturers and related parties, as described below.

For the last few months, we have been advising your authorised Claimant Committee of the confidential offers received from the Defendants as part of the settlement process, and we obtained your Committee’s instructions to make various counter offers in return. As a result of that process, whilst the Defendants have not admitted liability, they have now agreed to pay a substantial amount towards settlement of this group litigation.

After considering our advice, your Claimant Committee agreed to a full and final settlement of all claims in respect of EA189 vehicles, including discontinuing the group’s claims against the following Defendants in the litigation:

Volkswagen AG
Audi AG
Skoda s.a.
SEAT AS
Volkswagen Financial Services UK Limited
Various Authorised Dealerships.
As part of the settlement, all of the group’s claims in respect of EA189 vehicles against the above mentioned parties, other non-party dealerships and parties related to the Defendants, have been waived and released, in exchange for payment of a substantial financial sum. The Defendants will also contribute towards the group’s legal and other costs.

We are delighted to have achieved a successful outcome in this important case.

Next steps

Over the coming weeks you will receive a cheque from us in the amount of £1700 as your share of the settlement sum for your vehicle registered as **********. The legal costs and deductions you agreed to when joining the claim will already have been taken, meaning the amount you’ll receive will be your final payment and no additional costs will be charged to you.

Please be aware that we will need to carry out identity checks ahead of making payment to you, so please look out for any further emails from us.

There is no need to contact us at this time. As I am sure you can imagine, there is a significant amount of work involved in paying all Claimants their share of the financial settlement in a group claim of this size, so please bear with us and DO NOT TRY TO CONTACT US AS THIS MAY CAUSE UNNECESSARY DELAYS.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024