Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
BBC today 12:51 - Jul 8 with 551 viewsBlueNomad

I have listened to a bit of radio and been on the Have Your Say page on their News website. Loads of people claiming, "Boris has been bullied", "the media have always been against him" (!!!!!!), "this isn't democracy" etc. Some add "I'm not really interested in politics though...."

I really do wonder if people need to take a test before being allowed to vote!
BBC today on 15:49 - Jul 8 with 426 viewsWeWereZombies

You could blame it on the voters, after all I often say that we get the politicians we collectively deserve as a measure of our mutual political engagement. However, and I think that this has always going on but the internet has made the effect much more marked, the capability of journalists and those who employ them (or reward them in other ways) to nudge and cajole their readers (or viewers, or listeners) has taken a turn for the worse in the past couple of decades. And this is after Parliament telling the yellow press it was 'drinking in the last chance saloon...'

Poll: How will we get fourteen points from the last five games ?

BBC today on 15:51 - Jul 8 with 418 viewsSTYG

The best one I have seen today is a Tory supporter saying it's disgraceful how the media lies and smears people blah blah blah.

Not that they are. But she hasn't seem to mind for the last 3, 5, 10 years when it suited her.
BBC today on 17:14 - Jul 8 with 384 viewsHARRY10

The problem there is ine id suppoaed balance

99 people can give a reasoned argument, rational thoughts etc, but if there are 2 comments to be posted then the lone rightie nutjob one will be one of these two.

And don't expect anything thing that suggests thinking either - most righties have learned to not mention racism when talking to the media, so they offer up something that in their simple headed belief sounds OK - but to the rest of us merely affirms they have not thought about it at all.

The BBC (?) posted comments about Johnson being sacked. All interviewed expressed gratitude, except one slow witted woman who offered up in his defence the governments' response to covid and PPE. Two of the areas of his failing.

Clearly she had no idea of what she was spouting, other than what she had heard/read from some righties source.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024