Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Jon Russell - Centre Midfielder - Huddersfield 15:54 - Dec 22 with 1836 viewsTalkingBlues

6'4 Chelsea graduate, 22 years old, not getting a lot of games in the Championship, contract up in summer 2023 and doesn't look like contract will be renewed.

Worth a punt you reckon?

Poll: Is it wrong to take more pleasure from seeing Germany lose, than England win

Jon Russell - Centre Midfielder - Huddersfield on 15:55 - Dec 22 with 1807 viewsOsborneOneNil

Dunno, never heard of him tbh.
Jon Russell - Centre Midfielder - Huddersfield on 16:09 - Dec 22 with 1736 viewsTalkingBlues

Jon Russell - Centre Midfielder - Huddersfield on 15:55 - Dec 22 by OsborneOneNil

Dunno, never heard of him tbh.

Me neither, lol, but seems to fit the physical requirements, been playing in league above, young so can be moulded to the player that McKenna wants and would potentially be a fairly quick signing given his current situation.

Poll: Is it wrong to take more pleasure from seeing Germany lose, than England win

Jon Russell - Centre Midfielder - Huddersfield on 17:37 - Dec 22 with 1500 viewsBobby

Jon Russell - Centre Midfielder - Huddersfield on 16:09 - Dec 22 by TalkingBlues

Me neither, lol, but seems to fit the physical requirements, been playing in league above, young so can be moulded to the player that McKenna wants and would potentially be a fairly quick signing given his current situation.

Mate of mine is a HTFC fan so I’ve seen him a few times. I really rate him. A bit lazy but KM would sort that. He’s a very tidy player. Played all season and was then dropped for their playoff final against forest. I’d have him in an instant.
Jon Russell - Centre Midfielder - Huddersfield on 20:01 - Dec 22 with 1327 viewsWakh

Rumoured be going to West Brom or stoke isn't he
Jon Russell - Centre Midfielder - Huddersfield on 20:36 - Dec 22 with 1267 viewsTalkingBlues

Jon Russell - Centre Midfielder - Huddersfield on 20:01 - Dec 22 by Wakh

Rumoured be going to West Brom or stoke isn't he

I haven't seen /heard any firm links mentioned anywhere, but that doesn't necessarily mean much, wonder if that's just lazy journalism linking a couple of local clubs?

All depends on what the player wants of course, though I reckon we could sell him a better story, promise more minutes and possibly even a more attractive contract. Probably wouldn't command much of a fee either given that his contract is up and is playing in a side destined for relegation currently.

Jon Russell - Centre Midfielder - Huddersfield on 20:41 - Dec 22 with 1251 viewsTalkingBlues

Jon Russell - Centre Midfielder - Huddersfield on 17:37 - Dec 22 by Bobby

Mate of mine is a HTFC fan so I’ve seen him a few times. I really rate him. A bit lazy but KM would sort that. He’s a very tidy player. Played all season and was then dropped for their playoff final against forest. I’d have him in an instant.

Yeah, I had a quick check and can see he was a regular starter and then got dropped quite suddenly, seems a bit odd. Played a lot of games for Accrington too, so he knows what this league is about and what's required.

He surfaced when I was trawling through players that are coming to end of contract and there's a lot about him on paper that sounds impressive and has a good pedigree all the way through Chelsea, so interesting that you have seen him and rate him, could be a really decent target for us.

Jon Russell - Centre Midfielder - Huddersfield on 20:44 - Dec 22 with 1231 viewsWakh

Jon Russell - Centre Midfielder - Huddersfield on 20:36 - Dec 22 by TalkingBlues

I haven't seen /heard any firm links mentioned anywhere, but that doesn't necessarily mean much, wonder if that's just lazy journalism linking a couple of local clubs?

All depends on what the player wants of course, though I reckon we could sell him a better story, promise more minutes and possibly even a more attractive contract. Probably wouldn't command much of a fee either given that his contract is up and is playing in a side destined for relegation currently.

Maybe. Nixon was even discussing the West Brom link. Not sure West Brom is local enough ti Huddersfield to be lazy journalism. If I was a journalist I could have been far lazier.
Jon Russell - Centre Midfielder - Huddersfield on 20:53 - Dec 22 with 1178 viewsTalkingBlues

Jon Russell - Centre Midfielder - Huddersfield on 20:44 - Dec 22 by Wakh

Maybe. Nixon was even discussing the West Brom link. Not sure West Brom is local enough ti Huddersfield to be lazy journalism. If I was a journalist I could have been far lazier.

True enough on the locality, lol.

I think this is one where the player really needs to think about his future and playing football. West Brom have a massive squad and loads of midfielders, so the chances of him getting regular minutes there doesn't seem realistic to me, but move to a club on the up financially, that looks very much like being promoted to the Championship, with a much smaller squad (more minutes for him) and a decent contract to boot, would be attractive I reckon. I'd pick us and I'm not bias at all, honest guv.

We're probably not even looking at him, but given the quality we want and the fact that McK wants players in early in Jan, this guy should be on the radar, ticks every box.

Login to get fewer ads

Jon Russell - Centre Midfielder - Huddersfield on 20:59 - Dec 22 with 1136 viewsWakh

Jon Russell - Centre Midfielder - Huddersfield on 20:53 - Dec 22 by TalkingBlues

True enough on the locality, lol.

I think this is one where the player really needs to think about his future and playing football. West Brom have a massive squad and loads of midfielders, so the chances of him getting regular minutes there doesn't seem realistic to me, but move to a club on the up financially, that looks very much like being promoted to the Championship, with a much smaller squad (more minutes for him) and a decent contract to boot, would be attractive I reckon. I'd pick us and I'm not bias at all, honest guv.

We're probably not even looking at him, but given the quality we want and the fact that McK wants players in early in Jan, this guy should be on the radar, ticks every box.

True.

Here is one link. Nixon was on it. Can't remember where I saw ge Stoke rumour now. Think it was in the nationals, not the that I am suggesting any of them as reliable but it's quite a well circulated.

https://www.birminghammail.co.uk/sport/football/transfer-news/west-brom-want-rep
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024