Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
I watched the game! 21:37 - Jan 1 with 658 viewsVegtablue

A Vegtablue first, I watched a league one game mid-season not involving the town. Admittedly I left the room for bits and bobs but of what I did see:

MK Dons created more and better chances to score 3 goals than we did against Portsmouth. They played a good brand, slick passing stuff, much better than league one relegation standard. Cooper was excellent, Dons wasteful. Cooper will not be in league one next season and must be worth a lot of points to Plymouth already. Will continue to be so.

Plymouth going forward were exciting, less methodical than we are. Lots of energy and lower percentage balls. Lots of searching for openings and involvement from the no. 9, which is where we can improve IMO. Only one game but Whittaker was outstanding. From that display he should not be in league one this season. I find it baffling he is an option for any league one club in the second half of this campaign, Swansea must be sitting on a treasure trove.

Summary: very even in respect to play and chances created from what I saw, borne out in the stats. Think this is not uncommon for them, although MK are possession hogs compared to most of the division. Big-time players in goal and attack made the difference, much like when we played them at Home Park. Those diamonds are just that, and will continue to be so throughout Think we have a higher floor in respect to quality of squad, hopefully we can unearth one more diamond of our own at the business end of the pitch (no disrespect to the upper-end options we have now).
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024