Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Leeds, Leicester and Southampton 08:27 - Jun 11 with 1341 viewsLA_Tractor_Boy

With the transfer window opening on Wednesday and most clubs returning to pre season training in a couple of weeks, will the fact these 3 relegated clubs don't have a manager in place hurt them?

I know most club staff are on holiday at the moment, but I expect transfers etc. to quickly ramp up across the EFL next week.
Leeds, Leicester and Southampton on 08:42 - Jun 11 with 1248 viewsle2blue

Southampton already have Russell Martin in place, they’re just waiting to be officially a championship team so they pay £750k less compensation to Swansea. I’d say they are the best placed of all three as they’ve also already made a lot of decisions on players and restructuring behind the scenes has happened.

Leicester, Jon Rudkin is their Director of football who does all recruitment and will be hiring their head coach, so they’ll be active even without their head coach in place, but lots of changes to happen.

Leeds are a mess behind the scenes, they’ve fired their sporting director as well as their coaching team last season. Whilst they’re takeover is happening and they’ll be well set in the mid term, I fancy they’ll be the ones who will take time to get going, think they’ll end up outside the playoffs like Watford and Norwich last season.
Leeds, Leicester and Southampton on 09:25 - Jun 11 with 1080 viewsGuthrum

Leeds, Leicester and Southampton on 08:42 - Jun 11 by le2blue

Southampton already have Russell Martin in place, they’re just waiting to be officially a championship team so they pay £750k less compensation to Swansea. I’d say they are the best placed of all three as they’ve also already made a lot of decisions on players and restructuring behind the scenes has happened.

Leicester, Jon Rudkin is their Director of football who does all recruitment and will be hiring their head coach, so they’ll be active even without their head coach in place, but lots of changes to happen.

Leeds are a mess behind the scenes, they’ve fired their sporting director as well as their coaching team last season. Whilst they’re takeover is happening and they’ll be well set in the mid term, I fancy they’ll be the ones who will take time to get going, think they’ll end up outside the playoffs like Watford and Norwich last season.

That is the one advantage of being relegated early, before even the end of the season. You get the jump on everyone else when it somes to organisation and having things lined up, so long as you have an ownership with sufficient dynamism to do that.

Good Lord! Whatever is it?
Poll: McCarthy: A More Nuanced Poll
Blog: [Blog] For Those Panicking About the Lack of Transfer Activity

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024