Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
3-2 wins at Portman Road 18:26 - Nov 11 with 564 viewsMiaow

We have now played 11 matches at Portman Road this season. There have been 51 goals scored across those games, with 40 coming in the eight Championship fixtures.

Our last two league matches (at PR) have been 3-2 wins, both following the pattern of us going behind early on, turning it around to 3-1 and then conceding again in second-half stoppage time. But for Jackson's late fourth against Preston, we could have had three consecutive 3-2s in the Championship at home.

Of our 11 home games so far, nine have resulted in victories, with four of them being by three goals to two, all of them coming in the past eight matches at Portman Road. Prior to the comeback victory over Cardiff at the start of September, our last four 3-2 wins at home had occurred over the previous eight seasons, and we hadn't had multiple home wins by that scoreline in the same campaign since 2004/05.

I am loving the fact that we are consistently scoring goals, but it would obviously be nice to be tighter at the other end in a few more games. But, at home, we almost always end up scoring more than the opposition, and we arguably should have had quite a few more goals than we already have scored at PR this season - yesterday being an example.

In looking up these stats, it was quite exciting to think that we still have almost two thirds of the league season left to come, meaning loads more goals are likely to come (hopefully most of them in our favour). I really do look forward to going to watch us at Portman Road these days - it's so far removed from some of what we endured over the past 10-15 years.
[Post edited 12 Nov 2023 15:20]

⋆⋆⋆ My Ipswich Town quizzes: https://www.jetpunk.com/series/1696326/hinckfords-ipswich-town-quizzes ⋆⋆⋆
Poll: Which of this season’s (outfield) shirts do you most prefer?

3-2 wins at Portman Road on 15:21 - Nov 12 with 484 viewsMiaow

edited original post to include statistics

⋆⋆⋆ My Ipswich Town quizzes: https://www.jetpunk.com/series/1696326/hinckfords-ipswich-town-quizzes ⋆⋆⋆
Poll: Which of this season’s (outfield) shirts do you most prefer?

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024