Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Referee for Sunday : Oliver Langford 18:18 - Feb 21 with 837 viewsMaySixth

When looking at his history, it’s fair to that he hasn’t officiated a game as big as this in his career.
Last few season have seen him oversee a couple of lower league Play-Off semi final games but that’s about it.
Just hope he can cope with the crowd, big occasion and the cameras.
My concern is that he recently sent off Robbie Brady in Norwich’s 0-0 draw at Brentford back in December so really don’t hope he is thinking of levelling things up. It’s fair to say he took a massive amount of stick for that red card
Looking at his record of reffing Ipswich games it’s not great for us :
Played : 6
Won : 1
Drawn : 1
Lost : 4
Dec 2012 A v Leeds L 0-2
Apr 2013 H v Hull L 1-2 (booked Chopra)
TWTD : On 28 the visitors were awarded a penalty when N’Daw made a needless challenge on Meyler on the right of the Blues’ area, stepping across the former Sunderland man and sending him to ground. Referee Oliver Langford pointed straight to the spot despite protests both from Town players and supporters.
Referee Langford quickly became the subject of most of the chants from the Sir Bobby Robson Stand and showing Chopra a yellow card for a run of the mill mistimed challenge midway inside the Town half — worse earlier fouls had gone unpunished - soon after hardly helped his cause.
Nov 2013 H v Leicester L 1-2 (booked Chambers)
Apr 2016 H v Charlton D 0-0 (booked Knudsen)
Oct 2016 H v Burton W 2-0 (booked Skuse)
TWTD : There was controversy in the 82nd minute when keeper McLaughlin and McFadzean collided as Best chased a long ball down the middle. Sears picked up the loose ball on the right and as he found the unmarked Lawrence at the far post with the goal gaping referee Langford stopped play for a head injury to McFadzean, much to the frustration of the Town bench
Dec 2016 H v Fulham L 0-2 (booked Lawrence and McGoldrick)
As for Norwich :
Played : 4
Won : 3
Drawn : 1
Lost : 0
April 2011 H v Scunthorpe W 6-0 (sent off Scunthorpe player)
Dec 2014 A v Wigan W 1-0
Sep 2016 H v Cardiff W 3-2
Dec 2016 A v Brentford D 0-0 (sent off Robbie Brady)
One glimmer of hope, in the last six games he has officiated, the away team have not lost.

Poll: Ladapo or Hirst to start up front against Peterborough?

Referee for Sunday : Oliver Langford on 18:24 - Feb 21 with 808 viewsIllinoisblue

of all the football stats in the world, the ones about refs bore me the most.

62 - 78 - 81
Poll: What sport is the most corrupt?

Referee for Sunday : Oliver Langford on 18:26 - Feb 21 with 795 viewshoppy

Sounds quite bonnie, really.

Poll: Which Which nickname for ITFC do you prefer? poll do you prefer?
Blog: Graphical Blog: I Feel the Need...

Referee for Sunday : Oliver Langford on 19:06 - Feb 21 with 715 viewsRadlett_blue

I hope he's not a card-happy homer as in these games crowds easily influence weak or inexperienced referees.

Poll: Should horse racing be banned in the UK?

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024