Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Why is there no FFP in the non leagues? 17:10 - Aug 8 with 1109 viewsHipsterectomy

Looking at recently promoted teams Lincoln and FGR both have spent considerable amounts of money for their level. Tranmere had a wage budget of £2 million a year last year which they couldn't afford and were gambling on going up to save them. Now Billericay are doing it at an even lower tier.

These clubs are in a greater precarious position than Football League clubs and FFP was set up to protect clubs as well as to try to keep things 'even'.

Walter Smith's Barmy Army

Why is there no FFP in the non leagues? on 17:58 - Aug 8 with 1040 viewsmojo

I caught a bit of the interview with the owner of Billericay, a steel tycoon on TalkSport earlier. He said he was bored and wanted to turn his attentions to running a football club rather than drugs, drink, affairs etc. They have a 3 year plan to get into the conference and a 5 year plan to get to league 2. Quite the calibre of players they have down there Konchesky, O'hara, Pennant, Foley etc.
Why is there no FFP in the non leagues? on 18:16 - Aug 8 with 1010 viewspoppiesman

Why is there no FFP in the non leagues? on 17:58 - Aug 8 by mojo

I caught a bit of the interview with the owner of Billericay, a steel tycoon on TalkSport earlier. He said he was bored and wanted to turn his attentions to running a football club rather than drugs, drink, affairs etc. They have a 3 year plan to get into the conference and a 5 year plan to get to league 2. Quite the calibre of players they have down there Konchesky, O'hara, Pennant, Foley etc.

Billericay's wage bill is over £30K per WEEK. Which is sickening at that level, they are not even in the top 2 divisions of non league! Most fans in non league want them to fail big time and I'm one of them.
Why is there no FFP in the non leagues? on 19:52 - Aug 8 with 952 viewsRegencyBlue

I'm pretty sure there isn't FFP in the Leagues in reality!
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024