Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Knudsen 22:31 - Sep 26 with 2528 viewsITFCed

He's got an engine! Bombing up and down the wing in the first half

Poll: Who was the player of the tournament in your opinion?

Knudsen on 22:34 - Sep 26 with 2501 viewsSmithy

Best game in a Town shirt at full back for me

37 years and counting!
Poll: We've had some awful managers in recent years, but who do you dislike the most?

Knudsen on 22:39 - Sep 26 with 2454 viewshorsehollerer

He really was superb tonight

Blog: The Late, Late Blubfest Show

Knudsen on 06:49 - Sep 27 with 2229 viewspennyfathersleg

I know it's far too early in the season, but he's been player of the year for me so far!
Knudsen on 07:02 - Sep 27 with 2207 viewsArnieM

Strange how everyone sees the game differently because I've been highly critical of his defensive duties over the last two games. Yer, sure he gets up and down the flank and sticks in the odd cross.

But for me his bread and butter role of defending , is often found wanting which Chambo usually scrabbling to cover the gapping hole left in defence because Knudsen gone walk about ( or at Leeds , was simply " jogging back towards our box having lost his man further up
Field x 2 at Leeds), making Chambers look at fault, or because Knudsen makes the "wrong choice" in or around the 18yard box.

However I'm not trying to take anything anyway from what was a Masterclass in attacking sublimness last night. Simply outstanding display. But we will come unstuck against more potent opposition if our defence is not sorted out.

If we returned to a three at the back I'd not hesitate to putting Knudsen in alongside Chambo and Webster, where CB seems to be Knudsen g st or most effective position.

COYBs let's do a "Man City" and go nap vs Bristol on Saturday! Does Mick have the courage to pick that team again?

Poll: Would this current Town team beat the current narwich team

Knudsen on 07:45 - Sep 27 with 2148 viewsSimonds92

Knudsen on 07:02 - Sep 27 by ArnieM

Strange how everyone sees the game differently because I've been highly critical of his defensive duties over the last two games. Yer, sure he gets up and down the flank and sticks in the odd cross.

But for me his bread and butter role of defending , is often found wanting which Chambo usually scrabbling to cover the gapping hole left in defence because Knudsen gone walk about ( or at Leeds , was simply " jogging back towards our box having lost his man further up
Field x 2 at Leeds), making Chambers look at fault, or because Knudsen makes the "wrong choice" in or around the 18yard box.

However I'm not trying to take anything anyway from what was a Masterclass in attacking sublimness last night. Simply outstanding display. But we will come unstuck against more potent opposition if our defence is not sorted out.

If we returned to a three at the back I'd not hesitate to putting Knudsen in alongside Chambo and Webster, where CB seems to be Knudsen g st or most effective position.

COYBs let's do a "Man City" and go nap vs Bristol on Saturday! Does Mick have the courage to pick that team again?

Made an absolutely crucial interception last night at 4-2 where their player got in behind chambers and Knudsen ended up clearing from right back. First half at 1-1 he made a crucial tackle at the far post when they got in down the right. If anyone does too much bombing on and is positionally naive it's iorfa imo.
Knudsen on 07:54 - Sep 27 with 2124 viewsSteve_M

Yes, his forward runs and willingness to overlap have always been a good part of his game - he made a lot of space for Lawrence that way last season - but two things stood out last night: that we moved the ball quicker so he was more of a threat when forward and players bombing into the box.

The tackle he made in the first half to stop their forward getting a shot away was very good too.

Poll: When are the squad numbers out?
Blog: Cycle of Hurt

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024