Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
This seasons loans 17:32 - Nov 1 with 1293 viewsWickets

Quite a lot of negativity regards Iorfa not seen much as yet of Connelly , Celina can only be used when the game gets stretched said Mick. Does this beg the question are these loans value for money? What percentage of our tiny budget has been spent on them?
This seasons loans on 21:48 - Nov 1 with 1175 viewsNo9

Question relative to Connelly's lack of appearances-
don't clubs holding players registrations send them out to get game time & experience?
In this case why would Everton be happy with what game time their player is getting and, more importantly would this in future put clubs off leting Town take their signings on loan just to watch ITFC when they could be watching their own club?
This seasons loans on 21:50 - Nov 1 with 1170 viewsStNeotsBlue

The whole thing is daft beyond believe, we've loaned in TWO right backs who can't nail down the right back position, it is madness.
This seasons loans on 22:00 - Nov 1 with 1151 viewschristiand

Connolly was a panic loan. They couldn’t get the guy from Brighton, so needed to get someone in to cover the injuries in the defence at the time. However MM likes to make out he was always interested in signing Connolly, the lack of game time speaks the truth.

Poll: Where will we finish this season?
Blog: Full of Optimism and Hope, the League One Kick Off is Finally Here!

This seasons loans on 22:05 - Nov 1 with 1137 viewsPilgrimblue

On the question of loans i'd say that so far Celina has been underused as he's clearly the best attacking wide mid we have.
Iorfa isn't a RB as he lacks the control for playing down the touchline while in the centre he looks more comfortable.
We haven't seen much of Connelly but he's got pace and isn't scared of tackling so I'd give him a longer run otherwise he might as well return to Everton.
Loans must be for teams advantage so use them or give them back.
This seasons loans on 10:01 - Nov 2 with 1038 viewsWickets

My point is are these loans that we now see so often good value for money? As i seem to remember Phil saying that we spend about a million each season on loan fees , given that we are working on a small budget is this money well spent regardless of the quality of the player. I accept Lawrence was great for us last season but the real winner was his parent club who sold him on for much more than we could afford.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024