Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Computer help 20:40 - Jan 4 with 927 viewsitfcjoe

Wife wants a new laptop - primarily to host her iTunes collection and a few photos and not much more.

I like the look of the Chromebooks and one is in John Lewis for £200, but guess this isn't suitable as think only has a 32gb hard drive.

Any advice much appreciated
[Post edited 4 Jan 2018 20:40]

Poll: Club vs country? What would you choose
Blog: What is Going on With the Academy at Ipswich Town?

Computer help on 21:15 - Jan 4 with 873 viewsSWGF

Could you not store the music on a NAS drive? I went thro the rigmarole of putting all our CDs onto one which is connected to the WiFi router, and then onto the Sonos speakers. Since got Spotify which negates that...but they're there if we ever cancel.

Don't know if iTunes will work like that. I know the files are different etc.

Poll: What constitutes "too many" when it comes to a daily intake of custard creams?
Blog: Mirroring the Last Rites of Keane's Reign

Computer help on 21:17 - Jan 4 with 867 viewsitfcjoe

Computer help on 21:15 - Jan 4 by SWGF

Could you not store the music on a NAS drive? I went thro the rigmarole of putting all our CDs onto one which is connected to the WiFi router, and then onto the Sonos speakers. Since got Spotify which negates that...but they're there if we ever cancel.

Don't know if iTunes will work like that. I know the files are different etc.

I'm not sure - basic problem is her laptop is on too old a version of windows (XP) that she now can't update her iPhone on it so all music is now not on the phone and unable to be put there so need an iTunes solution...

Poll: Club vs country? What would you choose
Blog: What is Going on With the Academy at Ipswich Town?

Computer help on 21:23 - Jan 4 with 850 viewsSWGF

Computer help on 21:17 - Jan 4 by itfcjoe

I'm not sure - basic problem is her laptop is on too old a version of windows (XP) that she now can't update her iPhone on it so all music is now not on the phone and unable to be put there so need an iTunes solution...

Yeah. I don't know much about iTunes. Haven't used it for years. Obvious advantage of a NAS is you don't need a pc one the music is in it. Just use Sonos or equivalent. If Mrs Joe needs to move back/forth from phone, it might be a problem

Poll: What constitutes "too many" when it comes to a daily intake of custard creams?
Blog: Mirroring the Last Rites of Keane's Reign

Computer help on 22:09 - Jan 4 with 819 viewsDarkHorse

Chromebooks have many uses, but storing lots of data locally isn't one of them.

Can't she upload it all to Google Play Music? You're allowed to upload 50,000 of your own songs for free. Can access it from anywhere then.

Edit: put photos etc on the cloud too, then get a Chromebook to access everything from there.
[Post edited 4 Jan 2018 22:18]
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024