Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
The future of McCarthy and Evans 18:00 - Jan 6 with 932 viewspointofblue

We're a Championship side with little money; we're going to go through bad patches, we're going to struggle at times. But the fans have run out of patience and Mick has seemingly run out of patience with the supporters.

This cycle is going to continue, dragging the club down, until something gives. And Mick isn't going to be forgiven for last season in a hurry, as the final switch to abuse today shows. He needs to leave for both his and our sake, sooner rather than later.

Will a change in management work? It depends who we appoint first of all; a 'bad' appointment will just antagonise the fanbase further. And increasing prices whilst delivering an inferior product is hardly the best way to run a basis.

Off the pitch Evans needs to give the fans incentives to attract fans back to club. On the pitch he needs to invest. If he can't afford to he needs to sell the club on... and, though highly unlikely, that'd have to be at a knockdown price with the debt written off (if legally possible) with an agreement in place for him to be refunded the latter if we get promoted to the Premier League.

He took a gamble and it failed. I don't think hanging on to something which is too rich for his blood is good business acumen - the longer this goes on the more money he has to put in.

Poll: Who would you play at right centre back on Saturday?

The future of McCarthy and Evans on 18:08 - Jan 6 with 888 viewsdalianwasexciting

Little money available to the club that should say. The ME empire, and indeed ME himself are much much more wealthy than a vast number of our Peer clubs, and indeed some of the Premiership clubs, so it is his choice not to invest. We have a manager who has outlasted his sell by date, in my opinion for a couple of years now. The football is the worst I can recall, even worse than the darkest days under John Duncan.

I am not sure what is the right thing for the club, but something has to change, something fundamental. If there is to be minimal investment, ie. servicing the debts and small increments to the structure and playing/coaching staff, then there has to be a new manager willing to work with youth, to play expansive football, even if we suffer a few losses along the way I am sure that the fans of this once decent club will be supportive.

I agree that the wrong choice (god we made some howlers under ME) could be even more negative, but quite frankly I cannot see a choice. Having a manager who does not set out not to lose, even in some home games, is a must.

No point throwing names around at this point, but there are going to be a large number of people who may fit the bill from the lower divisions who would love a chance to play at a club which still, despite everything, has potential to grow and expand and rediscover its fanbase.

Poll: Our number one goalkeeper going forward?

The future of McCarthy and Evans on 18:33 - Jan 6 with 812 viewsSwn98

The future of McCarthy and Evans on 18:08 - Jan 6 by dalianwasexciting

Little money available to the club that should say. The ME empire, and indeed ME himself are much much more wealthy than a vast number of our Peer clubs, and indeed some of the Premiership clubs, so it is his choice not to invest. We have a manager who has outlasted his sell by date, in my opinion for a couple of years now. The football is the worst I can recall, even worse than the darkest days under John Duncan.

I am not sure what is the right thing for the club, but something has to change, something fundamental. If there is to be minimal investment, ie. servicing the debts and small increments to the structure and playing/coaching staff, then there has to be a new manager willing to work with youth, to play expansive football, even if we suffer a few losses along the way I am sure that the fans of this once decent club will be supportive.

I agree that the wrong choice (god we made some howlers under ME) could be even more negative, but quite frankly I cannot see a choice. Having a manager who does not set out not to lose, even in some home games, is a must.

No point throwing names around at this point, but there are going to be a large number of people who may fit the bill from the lower divisions who would love a chance to play at a club which still, despite everything, has potential to grow and expand and rediscover its fanbase.

They might be supportive for three games that's providing they haven't got any pre-conceptions of the new incumbent, lots of so called fans had written MM off before his first game.
I wouldn't think there are too many candidates queuing up to take on the job under the same conditions as MM.
Unless it's a Jewell type character in the last chance Saloon.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024