Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Our horrific luck with injuries this season 13:50 - Mar 15 with 1297 viewsMaySixth

unreal

Poll: Ladapo or Hirst to start up front against Peterborough?

Our horrific luck with injuries this season on 15:06 - Mar 15 with 1246 viewsFinidiCentenary

Is it unreal though?

We seem to have this issue constantly and it makes me thing that we are partly responsible for it.

How much does what we do off the pitch vary from other clubs? It can't just be back luck anymore. Players like Huws and Adeyemi, who haven't had injury problems really, come in and miss huge chunks.

Webster was relatively injury free wasn't he? Then he arrives here and boom.

I know they are not the best examples but Steven Taylor goes to Peterborough and has played the whole season pretty much. When here, he was injured.

Jonny Williams was injured for us constantly but in between went to MK Dons and Forest and wasn't injured.

I think it's the club personally. It's too much now for it to just be bad luck.

Poll: Which lower league manager would you appoint if all of the following applied?

Our horrific luck with injuries this season on 15:13 - Mar 15 with 1238 viewsNo9

Our horrific luck with injuries this season on 15:06 - Mar 15 by FinidiCentenary

Is it unreal though?

We seem to have this issue constantly and it makes me thing that we are partly responsible for it.

How much does what we do off the pitch vary from other clubs? It can't just be back luck anymore. Players like Huws and Adeyemi, who haven't had injury problems really, come in and miss huge chunks.

I know they are not the best examples but Steven Taylor goes to Peterborough and has played the whole season pretty much. When here, he was injured.

Jonny Williams was injured for us constantly but in between went to MK Dons and Forest and wasn't injured.

There is something at ITFC that should be subject to investigation because it is 'unreal' as the OP suggests.
The numbers of long term injuries and the time taken to discover what the real nature is, has been too frequent
meaning players like McGoldrick, Bishop, Hyam have played very few games in the last 3 seasons - compare to how many appreances one would have exected them to make.
You cite the case of Jonny Williams but isn't it similar with Ryan Fraser who has put in a lot of appearances (some from the bench) for Bournemouth?
The week-in, week-out , this player or that is not available wich means TM have to field numerous line ups instead of a settled one.
Our horrific luck with injuries this season on 16:24 - Mar 15 with 1200 viewsC_HealyIsAPleasure

Our horrific luck with injuries this season on 15:06 - Mar 15 by FinidiCentenary

Is it unreal though?

Adeyemi hasn’t managed to play 30 games in a Championship season. Huws has suffered numerous injury problems before joining Cardiff and only played a handful of games for them

Webster not sure but he’d barely had much experience before joining us, so not much to go on

Taylor and Williams have had injury problems their entire career - before and after joining us. Full marks to Peterborough for managing Taylor through the season, albeit at a lower level. Williams has hardly been able to get on the field for Sunderland meanwhile

It’s not all bad luck - patently we take a chance on these types of players in the hopes of getting them fit as they offer a quality we otherwise can not afford. More often than not it fails, sadly. There may also be some merit in our management of injuries but that’s likely to be minor in the scheme of things - but losing all of those (and Bishop and McGoldrick who fall in a similar bracket) plus players like Garner and Dozzell on top of all those is certainly bad luck

Highlighting crass stupidity since sometime around 2010
Poll: Would you want Messi to sign?

Our horrific luck with injuries this season on 18:02 - Mar 15 with 1153 viewsBLUEBEAT

I very much doubt that the Marcus Evans policy of cost-cutting everywhere has anything to do with this situation.

Poll: W or W

Our horrific luck with injuries this season on 18:13 - Mar 15 with 1143 viewsjas0999

It’s not though is it?

Several of these injured players are serial injury prone offenders. McGoldrick, Bishop, Hyam and Webster. Not just this season. What on earth is wrong with Adeyemi goodness only knows. As for Huws, his career record is bad.
Our horrific luck with injuries this season on 18:17 - Mar 15 with 1137 viewsblueconscience

I guess the high level of “Injury Prone” is one of the reasons the players we get are so cheap.
[Post edited 15 Mar 2018 18:20]

Poll: What % of ST holders saying they won’t renew, will end up renewing regardless?

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024