Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Bit of a meh performance.... 21:13 - Mar 31 with 918 viewsITFC_Forever

Generally solid defensively, at first (and only so far) view, it looked very soft... CCV and Maghoma were running side-by-side and Maghoma went down hoping the ref would fall for it, and he duly did. Although Joe on twitter said he watching it on tv and it looked pretty certain.

Bart only had two other saves to make, Jota got a flick of the head on a wayward shot to deflect it goalwards, but Bart managed to get a foot to it to keep it out, and then a tip over in the second half.

As for us, we were rather too prone to giving the ball away too softly, too often, with a distinct lack of quality going forward. This improved slightly when Celina and Carayol came on, but we still only seriously tested a dodgy looking Stockdale once.

Brum were poor (although Jota showed glimpses of quality, but he seems to be one of these players that need to be in a good side to truly shine) but the fine margins (again) went against us.

For all that, the game was only a small part of the day, all the talk on the concourse, (on which I saw a Steve, the busy one, some others from twitter and met Rommy for the first time) was of what direction we are going in as a club. The general consensus was that Mowbray would be the most viable and unifying choice, and that times like these are relatively novel for a Town fan. We don’t change managers very often so when we do, it’s a big event, and as we’ve all said, this next appointment is a huge one for the club.

P 1126, W 502, D 288, L 336, F 1711, A 1360
Blog: Confessions of a Statto - Why We Bother

Bit of a meh performance.... on 21:16 - Mar 31 with 894 viewsnshearman1

Agreed with most of that. Even though Brum were poor, their passing was better than ours, and their pace was a constant worry (hence the penalty). I like Connolly generally as a player, but today he was the one most at fault for giving the ball away and putting us under pressure, he did it time and time again. Youngsters will have off-days though.
Bit of a meh performance.... on 21:25 - Mar 31 with 851 viewsReuser_is_God

‘As for us, we were rather too prone to giving the ball away too softly, too often, with a distinct lack of quality going forward.’

How often have we been able to say this?

Evans out
Poll: Are Burgers the new Cheese?

Bit of a meh performance.... on 21:31 - Mar 31 with 835 viewsITFC_Forever

Bit of a meh performance.... on 21:25 - Mar 31 by Reuser_is_God

‘As for us, we were rather too prone to giving the ball away too softly, too often, with a distinct lack of quality going forward.’

How often have we been able to say this?

Admittedly I haven’t been to too many away games this season, but it matched the ones I had seen and the reports of many I’ve read. I went to Sheff Utd away in the early-ish autumn and today was similar again, and as others have said, today mirrored the Bristol City game, and again, the fine margins went against us... we may ask ourselves that this happens too often to be a coincidence.

P 1126, W 502, D 288, L 336, F 1711, A 1360
Blog: Confessions of a Statto - Why We Bother

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024