Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Just got home from the game... well sort of 14:52 - Sep 19 with 475 viewsPendejo

Rarely just do the game when I go to Ipswich, went to see my old man, who was an acquaintance of Beattie's and had heard the news from me before any other source. Similarly, a couple of other Ipswich residents heard it first from me... but then I was at work with a number of windows open on my PC and one that I monitor is TWTD, so like SBR before him, I heard of The Beat's passing here.

A leisurely drive to Ipswich, via Wembley where I had to conclude a bit of business, dropped the car at my sister's house then bus into town to meet her, apparently she had some hot gossip for me. Our father had ceased his relationship with his "girlfriend", this is good as he now drinks less booze and is looking a lot healthier. But first to Planet Blue to get a ticket. Why do they have Matthew Holland on them? Usually use print at home option but last nights ticket had to be bought cash for reasons I won't bore you with.

Meandered around town grabbed a burger and then along to PR under flood lights.

Given the ONLY reason I had come to this game was because of The Beat's passing, seeing the night sky lit up by the floodlights took me back to those marvelous nights of my childhood. Memories of some part-time team from Scandinavia getting shredded or the wins against Barca, St. Ettienne, Cologne and Alkmaar. Oh and The Beat's goal against Bohemians of Prague.
My last evening game at PR was the 3-0 win against Charlton, only 4 years or so ago back then both the club and myself were in much better health.

Did anyone really expect anything other than a defeat against Brentford? A seemingly well-managed club punching above their weight. I certainly feared a hammering, and the first half did little to allay my fears.

Second half, so much better and did I see rays of hope? Maybe wishful thinking, but surely there is now hope?

Another host of changes as Hurst aims to improve form. Good luck Mr. Hurst, you are Ipswich's manager and I wish you every success, stay true to your principals, give us exciting football and I am sure we will all support you. Though I did detect dissent from one or two in the ground around me.

A couple of points...

I wish players would be aware of when the 'keeper is way off his line. there were at least 2 occasions last night when their 'keeper was on the edge of his area and an attempt at goal from our half would have been worthwhile. Ok so such things don't always come off but it'd be worth a try. I would like to think that The Beat would have had a go, but we all know he would have charged at the opposition goal players bouncing off him before he crashes a goal in from outside the area [see West Ham & WBA games that can be found on you tube]

Kayden Jackson; the lad put a lot of effort in last night, earned his goal and earned the right to shoot and miss later on.

The PA system in SBR lower is appalling, I could only make out the first named plater each time a line up was presented last night [before game, halftime with The Beat's former team mates]

I was less teary and emotional than I was expecting, I'm pleased I made the effort even if it means strife with the "strife".

COYB!

uberima fides
Poll: Start a new job tomorrow - which suit?

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024