Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
When Lambert joined Blackburn they were a club in crisis 08:25 - Oct 30 with 1246 viewsMaySixth

Protesting fans, distant overseas owners, a lack of transfer funds and deteriorating performances on the pitch had seen Rovers struggling in the Championship since their Premier League relegation in 2011-12. After Villa, it was a case of jumping out of the pan and into the fire.

In his six months in charge, Lambert guided Rovers to a comfortable 15th with a 36% win percentage. He departed on his own terms after becoming increasingly frustrated with the owners. To the wider audience his time at Blackburn would have been seen as a failure but following Blackburn's relegation the following season, in hindsight, keeping Rovers up was, in fact, a commendable achievement.

Poll: Ladapo or Hirst to start up front against Peterborough?

When Lambert joined Blackburn they were a club in crisis on 11:36 - Oct 30 with 983 viewsconnorscontract

By my calculations he might need to improve that win Percentage slightly to save us this season.

But you make a good point. He has recent form in saving a seemingly doomed team which had had many more years of turmoil and division than we have had.

It's not impossible!
When Lambert joined Blackburn they were a club in crisis on 13:19 - Oct 30 with 805 viewsJeff_winger

When Lambert joined Blackburn they were a club in crisis on 11:36 - Oct 30 by connorscontract

By my calculations he might need to improve that win Percentage slightly to save us this season.

But you make a good point. He has recent form in saving a seemingly doomed team which had had many more years of turmoil and division than we have had.

It's not impossible!

I think a 36% win ration would keep us up.
Would give us about 11 more wins out of remaining games which would be 33pts
we already have 9 so that already takes us to 40 points. We would just need to throw some draws in and we are home and dry.
When Lambert joined Blackburn they were a club in crisis on 13:27 - Oct 30 with 762 viewsCoco

My only concern is that walks away. He will sort us out but if he doesn’t save us I would want him to bring us back up as i think with his experience and ability he should be trusted to carry on his work - just like Mogga at Blackburn.

#SellUpMarcusEvans #LambertOUT // Sent from my iphone - which explains all the felling spuck ups
Poll: When we're finally freed from Mick McCarthy would you like to see Burley as DoF?

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024