Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Getting the right blend is key for next season 11:48 - Apr 14 with 492 viewsWestcountryblue

We ‘do’ have good players in our squad, however, there are few players that are neither a youngster or a veteran and those that we do have like Jackson, Harrison, Nolan etc..have performaned inconsistently.

The players that I think are good enough to warrant a place in a top 4 league side are : Chambers, Skuse, Nolan, Bishop, Bart, Judge, Huws, Nsiala and Edwards. I do also think that Lankester will able to do some damage in league one, as he was a real threat this season and Woolfenden is a very talented player, who I’d maybe like to see at RB for a season.

I have several concerns though. The first is at full back. Emmanuel and Kenlock are good players and still learning their trade, but over 40 odd games a season they will cost us points with the odd clanger and mistake here and there. We will need to address this with some experience over the summer.

My second concern is the youthfulness of our squad. Players like Dozzell, Bishop, Nydam and Lankester will be targeted by physical league one sides, so we will need to add some muscle and nastiness into our side. A Shaun Derry type would be superb, as Skuse isn’t even the most physical of players.

Lastly goals. There are too many question marks hanging over our strikers. Jackson has talent but is in consistent, same with Harrison. Sears will take half a season to get back to his best and will likely lose some of the pace that makes him effective. Not too sure Will Keane will get us 15-20 a season, so we will have to be creative and maybe sell one of these and bring in someone with experience, almost like Brett Pitman at that level, who will guarantee us goals.

If PL can address these concerns in the transfer market and trim the squad we will do well next season and we have plenty of quality at that level. I do think we should focus in testing who will be at the club next season in our remaining games as decisions have to be made.
[Post edited 14 Apr 2019 11:50]
Getting the right blend is key for next season on 12:05 - Apr 14 with 464 viewsDarth_Koont

I think Harrison will be great next season. He looked like he was getting up to speed before the injury setback but he's a player who will create space and opportunities for others by his presence even if he's having an off day.

Pronouns: He/Him

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024