Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Lack of shots on target 22:16 - Dec 21 with 716 viewscarlisleaway

What chance have we as a team be, if the stats of shots on target are so low compared to other teams. Forget the bad refereeing we have come against, are the players told not to shoot from distance . The few goals we have scored have come from within side the 18 yard box.
Lack of shots on target on 22:24 - Dec 21 with 689 viewsrfretwell

Well said. E.g. Nolan had a superb second half shooting opportunity close in but instead tried to set up Norwood (?) and the chance was lost.
Lack of shots on target on 23:10 - Dec 21 with 637 viewsstrikalite

Been saying for ages that if you look through our squad you won't find many that have that so important shot in their locker...

Watch the FL highlights weekly and you'll see so many goals coming from edge of the box/outside of the box efforts....

Who can drop a shoulder and bend one in from 25 yards?? Or even come close to doing that..
Lack of shots on target on 09:40 - Dec 22 with 535 viewscarlisleaway

Lack of shots on target on 23:10 - Dec 21 by strikalite

Been saying for ages that if you look through our squad you won't find many that have that so important shot in their locker...

Watch the FL highlights weekly and you'll see so many goals coming from edge of the box/outside of the box efforts....

Who can drop a shoulder and bend one in from 25 yards?? Or even come close to doing that..

How so very true, PL take note
Lack of shots on target on 09:44 - Dec 22 with 524 viewsDarth_Koont

Lack of shots on target on 23:10 - Dec 21 by strikalite

Garbutt had a very good effort.

I appreciate it's difficult without a solid LB to come in behind him but I think playing him further forward would help us a lot. Not just more regularly being in position tio have a shot but also that he's often too deep to put in a telling cross.

Pronouns: He/Him

Lack of shots on target on 10:15 - Dec 22 with 494 viewsstrikalite

Lack of shots on target on 09:44 - Dec 22 by Darth_Koont

Garbutt had a very good effort.

I appreciate it's difficult without a solid LB to come in behind him but I think playing him further forward would help us a lot. Not just more regularly being in position tio have a shot but also that he's often too deep to put in a telling cross.

Agree yes, right now to get him up the pitch I'd probably go with 3-5-2 with Don/Wolf/Wilson and two holding midfielders, he's as good as we've got for the left side, real shame we haven't anybody of real quality on the right, that's where imo we're seriously lacking...and not sure Nolan is athletic enough to really push on and make things happen in the middle either..

We miss KVY so much, he give us such good options, massive part of the game now are the wing backs, if only we could swap a couple of midfielders with a couple of new pacy wing backs, would balance our squad out for sure..
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024