Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
I'm not saying that Lambert should get the push, but... 16:50 - Feb 13 with 923 viewsWeWereZombies

What if Joe Royle could be persuaded to take him out on the lash tomorrow night, get him into the most positive of 'they score five, fine, we'll score six' moods. Then deposit the squad in a freshly dug earthen tunnel, actually make them dig it, and at ten to three on Saturday Royle drops Lambert off at the ground and Lambert goes to the mouth of the tunnel to start his team talk with 'Come on lads, we can win this'...

Poll: How will we get fourteen points from the last five games ?

I'm not saying that Lambert should get the push, but... on 17:07 - Feb 13 with 874 viewsMoriarty

Willie Duggan, a former Irish rugby player, had a theory on how to test a player. Go on the piss until early hours, up early, play a match and see who’s up for it. Who can put in the hard yards on a cold sh!tty pitch when head and body are saying “no”.

Old school.

I think too many of our players over the years have been in a comfort zone. Royle did a good job. Only 3 have got us to the playoffs. Royle and Mick are 2. Labelled dinosaurs by some. And GB.

What we are and what we need as a club is now on the line. GB is the only man for the job, not just for on the pitch reasons. This is about our club’s dna and preserving it. Or as Butch said, our heritage.

fka omuircheartaigh

I'm not saying that Lambert should get the push, but... on 17:34 - Feb 13 with 832 viewsBlueBadger

I'm not saying that Lambert should get the push, but... on 17:07 - Feb 13 by Moriarty

Willie Duggan, a former Irish rugby player, had a theory on how to test a player. Go on the piss until early hours, up early, play a match and see who’s up for it. Who can put in the hard yards on a cold sh!tty pitch when head and body are saying “no”.

Old school.

I think too many of our players over the years have been in a comfort zone. Royle did a good job. Only 3 have got us to the playoffs. Royle and Mick are 2. Labelled dinosaurs by some. And GB.

What we are and what we need as a club is now on the line. GB is the only man for the job, not just for on the pitch reasons. This is about our club’s dna and preserving it. Or as Butch said, our heritage.

GB has been out of management for longer than Jewell was when he came in. I really don't think he'd be up to the job of manager. DoF with a younger man under him yes, manager? God no.

I'm one of the people who was blamed for getting Paul Cook sacked. PM for the full post.
Poll: What will Phil's first headline be tomorrow?
Blog: From Despair to Where?

I'm not saying that Lambert should get the push, but... on 18:15 - Feb 13 with 790 viewsMoriarty

I'm not saying that Lambert should get the push, but... on 17:34 - Feb 13 by BlueBadger

GB has been out of management for longer than Jewell was when he came in. I really don't think he'd be up to the job of manager. DoF with a younger man under him yes, manager? God no.

I accept your point.

However, GB’s genuine passion for the club is, imho, essential, both for us as supporters, for players, the staff and dare I say it, ME.

GB could have been out of the game since he marked Georgie Best. He’d still get things better organized on the pitch than PL.

fka omuircheartaigh

I'm not saying that Lambert should get the push, but... on 18:18 - Feb 13 with 779 viewsBlueBadger

I'm not saying that Lambert should get the push, but... on 18:15 - Feb 13 by Moriarty

I accept your point.

However, GB’s genuine passion for the club is, imho, essential, both for us as supporters, for players, the staff and dare I say it, ME.

GB could have been out of the game since he marked Georgie Best. He’d still get things better organized on the pitch than PL.

And that's exactly why he should be DoF, not manager. He can use that position to set the whole tone of the club from first team matters to transfers to youth policy.

And as for 'better than Lambert'. Frankly, you could probably make a decent case for saying that Keane would have been better than him, right now.

I'm one of the people who was blamed for getting Paul Cook sacked. PM for the full post.
Poll: What will Phil's first headline be tomorrow?
Blog: From Despair to Where?

I'm not saying that Lambert should get the push, but... on 19:35 - Feb 13 with 720 viewsMoriarty

I'm not saying that Lambert should get the push, but... on 18:18 - Feb 13 by BlueBadger

And that's exactly why he should be DoF, not manager. He can use that position to set the whole tone of the club from first team matters to transfers to youth policy.

And as for 'better than Lambert'. Frankly, you could probably make a decent case for saying that Keane would have been better than him, right now.

I see your point.

But I’d go GB for 18 months. It’s probably a moot discussion anyway. Unless we lose Saturday perhaps?

fka omuircheartaigh

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024