Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
For anyone who fancies a low-risk investment 12:43 - Mar 1 with 1094 viewsNo_Moore_Kieffer

I've spent some time recently analysing some themes and patterns in collectors items/trends and believe that I'm onto something in terms of my first venture into investments, which is something I've been interested in getting into for the last couple of years.

Sports trading cards are a low-risk way to make future profits if purchasing the right cards. Baseball cards are a big one although I know nothing about baseball (but am aware of the cards that are kicking off currently as the ones to buy), but I've picked a handful of football trading cards which I believe will be worth more money in the future than they are now.
For anyone who is interested, my thoughts are below.

1) William Saliba - currently on loan back at St. Ettiene after Arsenal purchased him, his Panini card from the Ligue 1 series can be picked up for as little as 0.25 euros, although ordering in bulk is difficult. Saliba is a star of the future and as Ligue 1 cards are not as popular as the British classics, his card is almost certain to be a money maker in the future.

2) Mason Greenwood - broken through at Manchester United this season and his first Panini card (or sticker) can be picked up for as little as 25p. Again, difficult to order in bulk and in my opinion a higher risk card than that of Saliba, but if he really develops into a world class forward, the in 20-30 years his original trading card will be highly sought after. This is the first one I've invested in and have made an order for a card, with duplicates expected as I look to complete the Premier League series.

3) Takefusa Kubo - Already selling on eBay for $10, Takefusa Kubo's card is one of the top cards to invest in. Currently on loan at Mallorca from Real Madrid, the Japanese teenager is considered a world class star in the making. Potentially becoming Japan's greatest ever player, with the fame and attention he'd receive back at home in a country renown for their love of trading cards, his is one that will be in high demand once he's made it to the top.

4) Eduardo Camavinga - Again from the French Panini series, Eduardo Camavinga is already selling for a little under $10 and is card that will be hard to get hold of in the future. The youngster is being tracked by top clubs around the world and his original trading card could be worth a gamble.

5) Sandro Tonali - The other card that I've currently invested in is Sandro Tonali, the Italian midfielder making headlines in Serie A this season for Brescia. With 3 Italian caps already and a place in the Euro 2020 squad looking likely, we could be looking at a real collectors item as he reaches the twilight of his career. A difficult card to track down, but I purchased a small bulk at 86p per card, but you're not going to find it very easy to track him down.

6) Ansu Fati - The 17 year old Barcelona winger has already created several records for the Catalan giants, notably becoming their youngest ever Champions League goalscorer. His card is incredibly difficult to find for sale and when you find it will be looking at a minimum of £12-£15 per item. A serious money maker in the future.

7) Alphonso Davies - Currently capturing the worlds attention in the Bayern Munich side, the young defender is really making a name for himself after a really tough upbringing in Ghana. Cards can be found for £3, but the chances are you'll make serious profit on the retro-looking card if you can keep it in good condition.

8) Erling Haaland - A man who needs no introduction. If you aren't aware of the kid, you should be. He scores for fun and doesn't need to start games to score a brace or a hattrick. On this year's edition of Football Manager he is the top wonder kid and an absolute must have. His trading card is already selling for north of £25 and if he carries on as he is then that will only increase.

9) Rodrygo - Another Real Madrid sensation, Rodrygo is already being snapped up for the best part of £10. The history maker is the youngest player to ever score a Champions League hattrick and could make a small fortune in the future. Be careful though, as the Megacard edition is less likely to make you any money, look for the La Liga Panini version.

10) Dominik Szboszlai - RB Leipzig's Hungarian star is my final recommendation for now. Available on eBay for around £10, Arsenal are reportedly lining up a summer bid for his services. With the right career path, he could be one who offers a fair return on him in the future.

Be careful, as these things are cyclical. Next season's cards may not be worth quite the same amount as they won't be their first career Panini card. In 6 months time we will likely be looking at the next 10 investment options.
I'm going to keep tracking the market patterns and the above players and looking for opportunities to purchase as many as I can, but I've already purchased 2/10 and would certainly take up others for the right price at the right time. I really believe these are some of THE cards to have, but of course there will be others.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024