Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
It was better today 21:06 - Mar 7 with 876 viewsthebooks

In fact a watchable, competitive game for 60m. That’s a rarity at Portman Road these days.

But let’s not get carried away. Being pleased with just competing (and losing, natch) in the third tier isn’t a cause for celebration.

Truth be told, the reaction in the NS was quite mixed at the end. PL booed. A lot. At least it wasn’t like last season where we’d have been clapping the team for 15m. Please, can we stop that?

Lambert was sat down for a lot of the game. He’s had enough, really.

As for the game. Better getting the ball forward and some good passing in midfield. Little end product, though. Dozzell was really good in the first half, but faded. He’s becoming the boo boy. So it goes.

Coventry were inventive and good switching play. Won fairly easily in the end, I thought. Their support was good, although there appeared to be some trouble with stewards in the second half?

No anti-ME chants, but that’ll come. Final game of the season will be interesting.

Oh, and just put Lambert out of his misery.
It was better today on 21:08 - Mar 7 with 856 viewsWarkystache

Lambert never sat down from the moment we kicked off. He took his usual position to the left of the dugout as you look at it.

He even fielded a few stray Nolan passes.....

Poll: If we were guaranteed promotion next season, how would you celebrate?
Blog: [Blog] It's Time the Club Pushed On

It was better today on 21:33 - Mar 7 with 789 viewsthebooks

It was better today on 21:08 - Mar 7 by Warkystache

Lambert never sat down from the moment we kicked off. He took his usual position to the left of the dugout as you look at it.

He even fielded a few stray Nolan passes.....

Yes, he normally does get on the end of a few passes in a game. Juggles the ball a bit, then offers it to one of our fullbacks, more in hope than expectation. Was sat down a bit today, definitely.
It was better today on 21:37 - Mar 7 with 774 viewsPecker

I didn't see anybody who was "pleased" with the performance. I didn't see anybody getting "carried away" with the performance. I saw a lot of anger and frustration, but nobody satisfied with that absolute sh1te.
It was better today on 21:42 - Mar 7 with 759 viewsthebooks

It was better today on 21:37 - Mar 7 by Pecker

I didn't see anybody who was "pleased" with the performance. I didn't see anybody getting "carried away" with the performance. I saw a lot of anger and frustration, but nobody satisfied with that absolute sh1te.

Where’s your seat, Pecker? I’m in NS lower and felt it was a mixed reaction, some appreciation of the effort the players put in, big boos for PL. Not that I think it was great or worthy of much — we should be rioting and out on the pitch, tbh.
It was better today on 21:52 - Mar 7 with 716 viewsPecker

It was better today on 21:42 - Mar 7 by thebooks

Where’s your seat, Pecker? I’m in NS lower and felt it was a mixed reaction, some appreciation of the effort the players put in, big boos for PL. Not that I think it was great or worthy of much — we should be rioting and out on the pitch, tbh.

The point is that 10th in the 3rd division is nothing to be happy about. I couldn't give a stuff if we play amazing football and still lose. We are playing the worst football in the clubs history and about to have our lowest league finish in over 50 years. Nothing positive about this season. The only way this was going to be a success, was getting promoted, which isn't going to happen. Anything less, is absolutely embarrassing.
It was better today on 21:56 - Mar 7 with 697 viewsthebooks

It was better today on 21:52 - Mar 7 by Pecker

The point is that 10th in the 3rd division is nothing to be happy about. I couldn't give a stuff if we play amazing football and still lose. We are playing the worst football in the clubs history and about to have our lowest league finish in over 50 years. Nothing positive about this season. The only way this was going to be a success, was getting promoted, which isn't going to happen. Anything less, is absolutely embarrassing.

Erm, I agree 100%.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024