Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Saw a funeral cortege with wreath declaring "legend" 08:27 - Apr 11 with 509 viewsPendejo

My uncle was taken into hospital in Wednesday (not covid related) and we have acquired his dog on a temporary basis.I

Thursday whilst walking the dog past our local crematorium I noticed the "legend" wreath on top of a horse drawn hearse, also had "grandad". But it was legend that really caught my attention. There were also three other arrangements, two in red and white, the other blue and white.

I immediately thought footballer, but if course could be any sport, but can't seem to find any matching obituaries. Nearest on date, time and location is a William John Brenland, but no background info in obit.

His coffin was preceded by someone holding the flag of the union, and in these strange times that we live... Eight mourners. For the expense of horse drawn hearse, the wreaths etc. I felt sad that there were only eight mourners, everything seemed to point to an event ten times as big.

The other thing about a wreath with legend on it... The area in which I live refers to one of its former residents in this way, but I'm pretty sure Ian Wright's still with us.

uberima fides
Poll: Start a new job tomorrow - which suit?

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024