Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
With another lockdown looming I was wondering about the future of 07:34 - Oct 31 with 666 viewsbobbyramsey

....football in the lower leagues.

Could a league be formed based on the "ability to play" i.e. to complete a whole season of games? Is there any point in even starting a season if it's possible that it may not be completed due to finances/cost of testing etc?
[Post edited 31 Oct 2020 7:36]
With another lockdown looming I was wondering about the future of on 08:03 - Oct 31 with 576 viewsIpswichBoyBlue

Back in the day we had divisions 3 north and south. We won the division 3 south. Can't see this kind of thing working again in todays world. Obviously there are non league divisions of this, but in the professional era, don't think it would work. As for Covid dependence leagues, hopefully it will be at a much, much lower rate before any kind of leagues could be arranged. So my short answer is, No.
With another lockdown looming I was wondering about the future of on 08:11 - Oct 31 with 563 viewsbobbyramsey

With another lockdown looming I was wondering about the future of on 08:03 - Oct 31 by IpswichBoyBlue

Back in the day we had divisions 3 north and south. We won the division 3 south. Can't see this kind of thing working again in todays world. Obviously there are non league divisions of this, but in the professional era, don't think it would work. As for Covid dependence leagues, hopefully it will be at a much, much lower rate before any kind of leagues could be arranged. So my short answer is, No.

So how do teams like Sunderland Portsmouth, us maybe and others who are (hopefully) financially viable compete? Every season for the foreseeable future maybe curtailed due to some clubs being unable to (financially) fulfill their obligation to play?

Maybe there are enough clubs in leagues 1 and 2 to form a division of viable teams who could complete a season?
With another lockdown looming I was wondering about the future of on 08:21 - Oct 31 with 535 viewsMarshalls_Mullet

With another lockdown looming I was wondering about the future of on 08:11 - Oct 31 by bobbyramsey

So how do teams like Sunderland Portsmouth, us maybe and others who are (hopefully) financially viable compete? Every season for the foreseeable future maybe curtailed due to some clubs being unable to (financially) fulfill their obligation to play?

Maybe there are enough clubs in leagues 1 and 2 to form a division of viable teams who could complete a season?

Eventually players would have to take significant pay cuts to help. I know that's less feasible in L1 and L2 but it's a reality.

Prem players taking a 5% pay cut would pay for shortfall in the lower leagues.

Poll: Would Lambert have acheived better results than Cook if given the same resources

With another lockdown looming I was wondering about the future of on 09:26 - Oct 31 with 459 viewsWickets

Dont Panic !
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024