Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Buying on line 21:49 - Nov 23 with 525 viewsMoriarty

With Black Friday and online deals galore available, I’m sure many buyers are aware of their consumer rights. These are very strong under EU law.

Which begs a question. Would you, as a U.K. citizen be just as comfortable buying on line when those rights are no longer available to you?

fka omuircheartaigh

Buying on line on 21:58 - Nov 23 with 481 viewsTractorWood

https://www.which.co.uk/consumer-rights/advice/how-will-brexit-affect-my-consume

This may help you.

I don't think changing consumer rights will be at the top of the Tories fire fighting agenda.

I know that was then, but it could be again..
Poll: At present who do you think you'll vote for?

Buying on line on 22:35 - Nov 23 with 431 viewsMoriarty

Buying on line on 21:58 - Nov 23 by TractorWood

https://www.which.co.uk/consumer-rights/advice/how-will-brexit-affect-my-consume

This may help you.

I don't think changing consumer rights will be at the top of the Tories fire fighting agenda.

That’s interesting, but does it apply to U.K. citizens buying in the E.U. and vice versa or just to U.K. citizens buying in U.K only? That’s the ambit of U.K. law.

I was listening to a discussion on the radio while driving home this pm and it was suggested that once you guys leave the EU, there will be changes. In so far as certain EU law protections have been incorporated into U.K. law, those protections may only apply to U.K. citizens buying in the U.K? A German company, for example, will no longer be obliged to give you those rights as you will no longer be an EU citizen.

The same discussion evolved into a discussion on the ports. Dublin port have spent 30M to ready for Brexit and no certainty there won’t be delays in deliveries. The U.K. hauliers who were being interviewed were saying they’ve noticed Dublin port’s infrastructure change but nothing of the kind has been done in various ports in the U.K. A Welsh haulier was saying 26,000 U.K. permits are needed and so far the U.K. government have issued 800.

Trade will obviously be essential to help post pandemic recoveries.

fka omuircheartaigh

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024