Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
As state support through Universal Credit... 13:17 - Jun 17 with 573 viewsBanksterDebtSlave

...is zero for anyone with savings over 14k, will any of you getting furlough payments and stamp duty free second and third houses with savings over that threshold be returning your free loot?

"They break our legs and tell us to be grateful when they offer us crutches."
Poll: If the choice is Moore or no more.

As state support through Universal Credit... on 14:15 - Jun 17 with 457 viewsbournemouthblue

It's a strange policy in my opinion, it punishes savers and encourages people to have assets instead

I have to say Universal Credit wasn't fit for purpose when Lockdown kicked in, I was made redundant in February 20, not CoVid related

When I was considering my options Boris was talking about herd immunity, protecting the economy, if some old people have to die so be it etc etc

We have a full lockdown within 2 - 3 weeks of my redundancy and the job market dies over night

At that stage, there was barely a furlough scheme, let alone any idea about refurloughing etc

I don't understand why it was down to my previous employer to decide whether I was entitled to free money rather than the government itself essentially

Yes I had some redundancy money but if people are entitled to 80% of their wage when market conditions mean finding a job is going to be very very difficult, I'd have quite liked it

I eventually found a new job in November but the Government's mishandling of the situation, certainly cost me a fair portion of money
[Post edited 17 Jun 2021 14:15]

Alcohol is the answer but I can't remember the question!
Poll: Rate this transfer window

As state support through Universal Credit... on 15:05 - Jun 17 with 387 viewsTimefliesbyintheblue

As state support through Universal Credit... on 14:15 - Jun 17 by bournemouthblue

It's a strange policy in my opinion, it punishes savers and encourages people to have assets instead

I have to say Universal Credit wasn't fit for purpose when Lockdown kicked in, I was made redundant in February 20, not CoVid related

When I was considering my options Boris was talking about herd immunity, protecting the economy, if some old people have to die so be it etc etc

We have a full lockdown within 2 - 3 weeks of my redundancy and the job market dies over night

At that stage, there was barely a furlough scheme, let alone any idea about refurloughing etc

I don't understand why it was down to my previous employer to decide whether I was entitled to free money rather than the government itself essentially

Yes I had some redundancy money but if people are entitled to 80% of their wage when market conditions mean finding a job is going to be very very difficult, I'd have quite liked it

I eventually found a new job in November but the Government's mishandling of the situation, certainly cost me a fair portion of money
[Post edited 17 Jun 2021 14:15]

How long had you been with the employer who made you redundant in February 2020?
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024