Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Facebook Commenters 02:27 - Aug 11 with 600 viewsThe_Major

About twenty years ago, I downloaded a cheat code for Championship Manager. This allowed you to alter all the stats in the game. There was a nuclear option of putting everything to twenty, give you several billion in the bank and increase your ground capacity a thousand fold.

So, obviously, that's what I did.

And whilst it was entertaining for a short while watching Town win every game at least 8-0 in front of the Portman Megadome crowd of 23862478 (you can see Carrow Road from the back row of the seats, they're so high up) and fighting off competing £100m bids for Richard Naylor from Juventus and Real Madrid, it soon became obvious that this was a pure fantasy, and obviously in the real world, the game builds slowly as it knows it's a slow process.

After reading the Facebook comments on the club page, I'm convinced a lot of Town fans think that that cheat code is a reality, and can't understand why it's not working.

Yikes. Talk about clueless.
Facebook Commenters on 03:09 - Aug 11 with 557 viewsJambo

I completely get the point you and many other revered board members are making tonight,

However, I’m sorry - we should be beating Morecambe and these guys tonight.

We have all gone through so many false dawns … our pre season was not encouraging and I am desperately concerned about how this team of individuals will knit together in the near future.

Please spare me the usual diatribe. Ive seen this trash since Mick McGiven.

There is no quick fix for the death of 1000 cuts we have suffered but by Christ we should have won at least one of the two games
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024