Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Copy/Paste any match report 17:19 - Nov 12 with 293 viewsTalkingBlues

since the beginning of October.

Have all the possession, create masses of chances, don't convert anywhere near enough of them (finishing is appalling across the team I'm afraid to say) and we concede very soft goals (Walton at fault again today tbf and it was also possibly the only shot on target they had in the 90+ minutes?). Even when the oppo shut up shop, we created bucket loads of chances, but just didn't have the quality to convert any, very poor.

I have no idea what has happened to Chaplin/Harness, but they have been completely different players for the last 8 to 10 games, hence the reason they're not scoring any more. Ladapo has to score more, throws away several gilt edged chances every game and he is being shown up even more due to the drop in form of Chaplin/Harness, which serves to highlight why you need your striker to score goals, as well as being able to hold the ball up.

We could have played another 900 minutes and not scored and that's not because Cheltenham were so good at defending, or anything to do with "luck".

Poll: Is it wrong to take more pleasure from seeing Germany lose, than England win

Copy/Paste any match report on 17:31 - Nov 12 with 238 viewsnoggin

It's easy to blame Walton for their goal but the scorer was in acres of space.

Poll: Which team thread should I participate in?

Copy/Paste any match report on 17:35 - Nov 12 with 221 viewsTalkingBlues

Copy/Paste any match report on 17:31 - Nov 12 by noggin

It's easy to blame Walton for their goal but the scorer was in acres of space.

The scorer did indeed receive the ball in far too much space, but he was getting closed down and from that distance and at that angle, it should never be a goal, it wasn't a wonder strike, it was keeper error and Walton was rightly upset with himself. I bet he saves that every time in training.

Poll: Is it wrong to take more pleasure from seeing Germany lose, than England win

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024