Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Random thoughts at the end of a frustrating night 00:35 - Apr 11 with 489 viewsGarv

Thought there were one or two changes too many.* Dropping/resting Chaplin at home is a very big call, I'm not sure there was a need to do the same with Woolfy - Edmundson didn't do anything wrong that I can remember but LW brings more calm and often drives us on second half when we're attacking.

*If any of it was down to illness or knocks etc, then fair enough. Games are probably catching up with us a little bit. Glad we don't have a journey to make this weekend, and the break after that is welcome.

We miss Burns, as if we didn't already know. Remember when he came on against Bristol City the other week? He was electric and while Watford didn't give us much space I think he would have added a lot.

We played well enough first half and that's when we needed to win the game. Hutchinson grew into it and offers better creativity than Chaplin, but I feel he's less likely to get on the end of moves and score.

The Moore header needed to be buried.

Whenever I watch Watford I think they're handy. Don't understand why they've been mid table all season.

Any ideas why Chaplin played on the 'wrong' side when he came on? He barely had a kick. Made more sense to me to get him playing give and goes with Clarke and Hutchinson, and let Sarmiento play the inside left position. Felt very rogue.

Definitely thought the last kick was going in before Hladky clawed it away. Crime against football that they played for the whistle from the corner instead of slinging it into the box.

All in all, disappointing but only in the context of how insanely brilliant we've been at home all season.

Onto Saturday.

[Post edited 11 Apr 0:37]

Poll: Pick a goal to win the derby in stoppage time...

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024