Please log in to use all the site's facilities
|Town Takeover Close|
Now where are my share certificates? ... one of the conditions of letting Marcus Evans buy 87.5% of the club was that the remaining 12.5% i.e. mine (and a few thousand others ...) would automatically be included if Evans sold the club.
Drivel : Bobby Robson took 4 seasons to turn us into a team that competed at the highest level, but while learning his trade still managed to keep us (just) in Division 1, the equivalent of the PL today. There is no comparison with the current situation where Lambert would not even get us promoted back to Division 2 (Championship) however long he was here and whatever resources he was given. Once any manager becomes bogged down with excuses / blaming everyone else (including the fans) they need to be disposed of with immediate effect, because they NEVER turn things round.
|Lambert: We Kept Knocking and Got the Rewards|
Lambert has settled into McCarthy's "I'm in charge ; how dare you question me?" approach to the media ; it will therefore end the same way. Instead of waiting 5 years too long, get rid now.
|Plans For Fans' Return to Be Reviewed|
There was never any real chance of crowds being allowed in this year, or probably in 2021 either : which is why they should never have finished off last season as they did, but instead 'furlough' it until crowds CAN come back, giving a 19-21 or even 19-22 season.
|Town Confirm Triple Signing|
It is a terribly sad state of affairs, when the only new signings we can make are tenth-rate dross like these three.
If Bobby Robson was alive today, he'd turn in his grave ...
|League One Clubs Vote to End Season Early|
A terrible decision ; they will now have to make ANOTHER terrible decision that relates to how much of NEXT season can be played : I suspect very little of it.
The 19-20 season should simply have been turned into the 19-21 season, and restarted once it is 'safe' for spectators to return ; additional cup competitions MAY have been possible. Now it's 2 seasons that are f***ed up : not that it will make much difference to Ipswich, who won't get near the top in either ...
|EFL Still Aiming to Play Remaining Fixtures|
For a change, Paul Geater in the Star got it spot on : it will be (at least) January 2021 before games will be allowed to be held with crowds, so just rename the 2019-20 season the 2019-21 season and carry on with the remaining games, possibly supplemented by one or more of next season's cups. As to player contracts : tell them they have the choice to have existing deals extended by 12 months OR walk away.
|Football Could Return in June - Report|
Can't believe the hysterical reactions on here to the idea of resuming football in 2 months time : this is Covid-19, not Ebola for goodness sake ; hardly anyone has it now, of those most have symptoms so mild they don't even realise they have it, and the suggestion is to wait another 8 weeks or so and then manage what is going on. Even if all the players catch it, I wouldn't expect any of them to have any serious complications. The reaction on here is just another example of the paranoia that seems to have gripped most people, with logic going out of the window.
|Town Announce Partnership With Cambridge City|
My boss in the late 70s / early 80s was an Ipswich fan but came from Cambridge : many's the time (he liked to repeat himself ...) when he would tell us how odd it was that Cambridge United managed to get into the league, when they were always regarded as a Cinderella club with Cambridge City being by far the 'bigger' club in terms of finance, support etc.
Drivel. At least it was short.
|Forum Votes: ||-25|
|Comment Votes: ||54|
|Prediction League: ||36|